Aug 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi everyone,

I'm going to start pre-reqs for medicine in January at either Hunter or CCNY, but in the mean time I need to knock out pre-calculus as it's a pre-req for registering in Chem courses.

Does anyone have some advice (especially Hunter or CCNY students) about how to knock this out as quickly as possible? Are there any accelerated classes I could take? I'm also considering an online class.

I believe I can take a placement test as well but not sure how well I would do. I took Precalc and AB Calc in high school.

THANKS!

Gurby

5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Taking a class sounds like a waste of time. Suck it up, spend time reviewing on Khan Academy, crush the placement test, save yourself the time/money/headache of taking a pre-calc course.

threesparrows

7+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2011
Status
Medical Student
If you took calc AB in high school, you can have AP send your scores to the school and that should allow you to place out of precalc. Call and ask!

Bru

7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
IIRC, precal (125?) was a possible co-req for 102. That is to say, you could take them both concurrently. Depending how decent your math skills are this could be a nice refresher for physics (or GPA booster).