pre-dec interview invitation over for early applicants??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gnee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw some posts and I am getting worried.

I applied in late June and I am glad that i got some interview invites on August.

But I haven't gotten other invitations after August.

So is pre-dec interview over for most of school now?

It is really painful about the waiting game ;(

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat. I got 3 interviews (out of 13) in august and heard NOTHING (cept one rejection) since then. Even though I am worried myself, I would say we don't have to worry too much, YET. There are some schools such as UCLA, Tufts, etc that have not sent any interview invites yet (correct me if im wrong!)

2nd batch here, got 3 interviews by the second week of August and finally got my 4th last week. Just try to be patient

Members don't see this ad :)
my app was mailed 8/29 (took my DAT 9.17) and got a pre-dec interview with unofficial scores.... I think they're still coming.

I am in the same boat. I got 3 interviews (out of 13) in august and heard NOTHING (cept one rejection) since then. Even though I am worried myself, I would say we don't have to worry too much, YET. There are some schools such as UCLA, Tufts, etc that have not sent any interview invites yet (correct me if im wrong!)
I heard tufts did not send interview invites yet. So i am expecting tufts :( . I am just worried about other schools.

I don't want to be painful after december till next year!! ;(

2nd batch here, got 3 interviews by the second week of August and finally got my 4th last week. Just try to be patient
which school gave you last week???

I would also like to know. Applied to many second batch, got 3 interviews. No response at all from any other. That pretty much means they went through every batch, and were considered over my early app right? And don't bash me about worrying when it's "still early" lol. I haven't worried at all about any of this stuff until now but would just like to know if anyone has any idea. Are post december interviews very common? I committed to a missions trip to another country after december so now I'm getting a little concerned.

For those who applied to TX schools: an early applicants out there who haven't heard from all 3 schools? I had my app in 6/30 and have heard from 2 out of 3 schools. Wondering if my app was passed up… :(

HATE. THIS. WAITING. GAME.

Reactions: 1 users
I would also like to know. Applied to many second batch, got 3 interviews. No response at all from any other. That pretty much means they went through every batch, and were considered over my early app right? And don't bash me about worrying when it's "still early" lol. I haven't worried at all about any of this stuff until now but would just like to know if anyone has any idea. Are post december interviews very common? I committed to a missions trip to another country after december so now I'm getting a little concerned.

I am losing hope for the pre-dec interviews anymore :( .

nyu still has oct dates. don't think they started nov

buffalo just sent out like second round of interviews. they have dates in nov and oct to choose from I'm sure.

tufts hasn't started

maryland is still a bit slow.

Members don't see this ad :)
nyu still has oct dates. don't think they started nov

buffalo just sent out like second round of interviews. they have dates in nov and oct to choose from I'm sure.

tufts hasn't started

maryland is still a bit slow.
I believe Tufts has started, but people haven't really been posting it on SDN. I only saw one person post on SDN about a Tufts interview.

Dont think this is true. Many west coast schools still haven't sent anything out (UCLA, OHSU). Also I got another invite to Ohio just 2 days ago.

ive seen people get interviews to some schools that notified awhile back recently and applied in june (penn, case, louisville, etc...)
and think about it this way, if you interview after december 1st, you will most likely hear back from them pretty darn soon after your interview rather than having to wait over a month to hear back if you interviewed now. I suppose that a plus right?

ive seen people get interviews to some schools that notified awhile back recently and applied in june (penn, case, louisville, etc...)
and think about it this way, if you interview after december 1st, you will most likely hear back from them pretty darn soon after your interview rather than having to wait over a month to hear back if you interviewed now. I suppose that a plus right?

yea, let's be positive! I am just sad and worried tooooo much.

There is very little pattern to how interviews are sent out, so don't freak out. I applied in mid august, received a couple invites in early september, and had to wait over a month until receiving more (also pre-dec). I feel the need to point out how awesome buffalo's "Continuing Review" email is, because even though it's disheartening, it lets you know that they've actually reviewed your application and are likely to not give you an interview atm. Most other schools that don't give you an interview leave your application in the air until spring, which is pretty irritating.

My application was mailed out 9/26 and I have two pre december interviews. I think I'll get more too. There are still schools with pre-december interviews left.

My application was mailed out 9/26 and I have two pre december interviews. I think I'll get more too. There are still schools with pre-december interviews left.

Which schools are you interviewing at?

I wouldn't worry too much about getting interview invites yet as it's only October. UCLA is known to interview relatively late compared to other schools for instance. My first interview invites were in November and I interviewed at schools up through February (I submitted my app in June too, go figure!). Granted this was back in the 2011-2012 cycle but the dental school application process hasn't changed much.

I got 3 pre dec interviews last week. They are still coming...maybe for another week or two.

I got 3 pre dec interviews last week. They are still coming...maybe for another week or two.

It's been almost 2 months with silence. I will expect something comes next week

Do you guys think itll be worth it to apply to more schools at this point in the cycle?

Do you guys think itll be worth it to apply to more schools at this point in the cycle?
negative in my opinion. It would take few weeks for the application sent out to the schools. I heard late october application is considered pretty late.

Reactions: 1 user
Which schools have a decent chance of giving out interviews if applying this late into the cycle? if any? I realized that I may not have applied to enough schools than I should have :/