Pre-Dent Club is dying...HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NicholasAP

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took over as President of my university's dying Pre-Dent Club. Over 30 students are members, but only 5 anti-social members show up to the meetings. Does anyone have any advice on meeting topics that would attract members?

Members don't see this ad.

Get speakers from nearby professional schools who actually represent the schools. That way, you have someone who people know will directly answer their questions. Try to get someone from the school to which the majority of pre-profs. from your school apply. That worked for me to get more people involved, then get area practitioners to come and speak about their experiences-perhaps one from each specialty and a couple from general. Get people to speak who might take on some of your members to shadow them at their offices. Hope it all works out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Motivation is the key to success. If there are only five "anti-social" members attending, try to appoint them to "office" roles. Make one the treasurer, vice president and so on. Yes, it may be cheesey, but it will make them feel somewhat important (no offense). They will feel motivated to go out and recruit new members by posting flyers and upcoming events! Be creative and it will happen for you!! Best of luck.

one thing that always gets people is free pizza or any kinda food...
It'll probably come out of your pocket, but at least there will be more people attending and spreading the news...