Pre-Dent giving Props to all the pre-vets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shamrock2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Clearly by the title its obvious my profession of choice. However, my father is a veterinarian and has been for over 25 yrs. I've worked off and on in his practice for a long time and have been a regular employee the past 5 months. I can honestly say w/ everything i've seen throughout my life...that vets are HIGHLY underrated and grossly underpaid (on the average). I have nothing but huge amounts of respect for what veterinarians do..and while I chose a different path...it's still just as important, difficult, and respectable as other medical professions. I think its bogus that vets get the rep of being an "easier" medical profession. Makes me sick when I hear people say this. Bottom line...you guys are awesome in my book...and Vets perform a service that only a few people have the capability of doing. Much love to all you guys! best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

well thank you!! and as i sit here eating chocolate by the fistfuls in preparation for vet school, i know that you'll be the one i'll be coming to in a few years. :)

that was very nice of you!! thanks for the mutual respect

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! :love::hardy::banana::biglove: Smilie extravaganza!

PS I hope you go to U of L!

I give props to the dentists that put up with terds like me that eat candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner (and dessert:D) Seriously though...my toof hurts.

I give you props for doing what I never could do, which is look in people's mouths all day and have most people loath the idea of coming to see you. Good luck in dental school!!! :) Where are you headed? :clap:

thanks for the responses guys (and gals). I didn't mean to hijack your forum or anything..and no I didn't forget to come back and respond :D I still stick w/ my feeling of Vets are awesome. LIke i said..working at my dad's hospital really gives me a stronger appreciation than I already had. I've seen some things the last few months that are just out of this world....both good and bad sides of the job, dealing w/ crazy owners, and getting attacked more than my fair share of the time:laugh: .... but in the end it's all worth it. I'm in the process right now of rescuing a recently paralyzed 2 yr old fawn pug named Louie. He still has some function in his legs and my dad seems to believe it might not be bad as it seems...that some therapy might help him get a lot of strength back. So he's become my main focus and my new buddy! Keep on doing what ur doing everyone!!...oh, and by the way i'm going to Detroit-Mercy for dental school. Nyu just wasnt for me. take care!