Pre-dental in America VS. BDS in Pakistan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wasanbaloch

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am in my final year of highschool(12th grade) in the States. I am deciding between going to Pakistan for BDS or doing Pre-Dental then Dental school in the States.

I have talked to several people including dentists. Some say stay in the States and do the PreDental then Dental route. Others say that doing BDS in Pakistan and come back to the states and get into a International dentist program.

Which route do you think is better and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. I am in my final year of highschool(12th grade) in the States. I am deciding between going to Pakistan for BDS or doing Pre-Dental then Dental school in the States.

I have talked to several people including dentists. Some say stay in the States and do the PreDental then Dental route. Others say that doing BDS in Pakistan and come back to the states and get into a International dentist program.

Which route do you think is better and why?
If you want to practice in the US, study in the US. If you want to practice in Pakistan, study in Pakistan. Get your training wherever you want to practice.

welll from experince ..i must tell u ...stay here and join predental ....as im a graduate from pakistan ...not that there is anything lacking in the knowledge or education ...everything is great infact u get to have a lot of clinical exposure before u graduate ...which will be awesome if u want to practise there in pakistan ...BUT if u wanna comeback n practise here ...the best bet is to do DDS from here ...as the admission in international dental program ...is v competitive not to mention taking all the pre reqs before applying ......secondly ...im sure after 4-5 yrs (i.e after ur graduation from pakistan its gonna b tougher than it is now to get into an international dental program ...and then into sum specialization program .....just a sisterly advice :) as im going thru that whole phase of taking my pre reqs n applying for school n definately will advise u to stay here n take pre dental :)
hope this helps .....

Members don't see this ad :)
As spreading smile replied i am also dental surgeon from pakistan,i'll suggest you go for DDS not for BDS as DDS you can work in paksitan but as BDS you cannot work here,so better to got with first
wish you best of luck

Thanks to all you that replyed.

SpreadSmile: what prereq's are you talking about? are u talking about NBDE part 1 and 2? or something else?

yes thats correct ...part 1 n as i beleive u will b considered an international grad when u come back ...so toefl too