1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Pre-Dental in college

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by RAlec114, Aug 11, 2011.

1. RAlec114

How does it work? I am considering becoming a dentist but I am not sure yet. I plan on majoring in Econ/Psych/Bio. To have the pre-dental req for dental school, I would need to take certain classes in conjunction with my major, right? Just a little confused on how it works..

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 93geo

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    take 2 semesters of physics, general chemistry, biology, and organic chemistry. that's all you really need

#2 93geo, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  4. RAlec114

Thanks! Since I'm not in college yet ( just a highschooler pondering future careers ) I can't guage how much that is. Will it feel like I'm doing a double major..?

5. jackalo34

Pre-Dental
    No. I know my school required you to take Bio I, Chem I, Phys I & II, and English related classes. The extra would be another bio, another chem, and ochem I & II. Those would be considered unrestricted electives if not required for your major. Typically, you'd have plenty of those to cover the extra classes you need for dental school.

Also, I'd look through the forums and internet-there's a lot of info out there regarding what you're asking so people don't have to repeat themselves...