Pre-dental student who wants to go University of Washington School of Dentistry with a 17 AA and 3.3 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suchoi2181

Reaction score
Hi, I am a 4th year student in University of Washington.
Starting from my background, I moved from South Korea when I was in Senior High school.
I couldn't graduate on time so my counselor send me to a community college and I transferred to University of Washington.
I finished 3.92 overall gpa in community college. The prereqs that I took from cc are bio series, gen chem series, and only one physics.

In community college:

Whole bio series: 3.8
Genchem: 4.0
Physics: 3.5

After transferring to UW, for one year, I have a science gpa and overall gpa of 3.3.
I did get a 2.5 on history and 3.1 on calc 2. I really messed up a lot during those classes due to burning myself out. Ex) sleeping one hour before the exam.

I was not planning on applying this year but I took a shot on taking the dat.

PAT: 25
QR: 19
RC: 18
Biology: 15
GC: 17
OC:17
SA: 16
AA:17

I wish to get any feedback because I am not confident in getting into dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am a 4th year student in University of Washington.
Starting from my background, I moved from South Korea when I was in Senior High school.
I couldn't graduate on time so my counselor send me to a community college and I transferred to University of Washington.
I finished 3.92 overall gpa in community college. The prereqs that I took from cc are bio series, gen chem series, and only one physics.

In community college:

Whole bio series: 3.8
Genchem: 4.0
Physics: 3.5

After transferring to UW, for one year, I have a science gpa and overall gpa of 3.3.
I did get a 2.5 on history and 3.1 on calc 2. I really messed up a lot during those classes due to burning myself out. Ex) sleeping one hour before the exam.

I was not planning on applying this year but I took a shot on taking the dat.

PAT: 25
QR: 19
RC: 18
Biology: 15
GC: 17
OC:17
SA: 16
AA:17

I wish to get any feedback because I am not confident in getting into dental school.

apply next year, and only retake DAT when you are ready...

You need to take the DAT again, but your GPA isn't too bad. Just be sure to have a good explanation for the downward trend. UW is a harder school to get into, even for in-state applicants so you should apply broadly.