Pre-dental to Pre-Medicine!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crackdat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have recently switched from pre-dental to pre-med and I think being a physician is the right choice for me. Therefore i was wondering, what kinda of score I need on the mcats to get into the DO school. My overall gpa is 3.42 and my science gpa is 3.23. I have good LORs with plenty of volunteering experience overseas and also over 100 shadowing hours (cardiologist). I work full time at a psychiatric clinic for the past 6 months and have gained plenty of experience. Now I only need to do well on my MCATs. I have a bachelors degree in Health Sciences. What do you guys think i need more and what score to land a spot in DO school.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I have recently switched from pre-dental to pre-med and I think being a physician is the right choice for me. Therefore i was wondering, what kinda of score I need on the mcats to get into the DO school. My overall gpa is 3.42 and my science gpa is 3.23. I have good LORs with plenty of volunteering experience overseas and also over 100 shadowing hours (cardiologist). I work full time at a psychiatric clinic for the past 6 months and have gained plenty of experience. Now I only need to do well on my MCATs. I have a bachelors degree in Health Sciences. What do you guys think i need more and what score to land a spot in DO school.
26+ MCAT will give you a decent chance.. However, I would advise you to take few more science classes to increase that sGPA to a 3.3+.

That all looks pretty good, but about your shadowing experience... was it with a DO? A number of schools require or "strongly recommend" a DO letter of rec (do a search of the forum, you can find a list in one of the threads). Other than that, an MCAT of 26+ has a good chance of getting you some interviews. Good luck!