Pre-dental to Pre. Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have recently switched from pre-dental to pre-med and I think being a physician is the right choice for me. Therefore i was wondering, what kinda of score I need on the mcats to get into the DO school. My overall gpa is 3.42 and my science gpa is 3.23. I have good LORs with plenty of volunteering experience overseas and also over 100 shadowing hours (cardiologist). I work full time at a psychiatric clinic for the past 6 months and have gained plenty of experience. Now I only need to do well on my MCATs. I have a bachelors degree in Health Sciences. What do you guys think i need more and what score to land a spot in DO school.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I have recently switched from pre-dental to pre-med and I think being a physician is the right choice for me. Therefore i was wondering, what kinda of score I need on the mcats to get into the DO school. My overall gpa is 3.42 and my science gpa is 3.23. I have good LORs with plenty of volunteering experience overseas and also over 100 shadowing hours (cardiologist). I work full time at a psychiatric clinic for the past 6 months and have gained plenty of experience. Now I only need to do well on my MCATs. I have a bachelors degree in Health Sciences. What do you guys think i need more and what score to land a spot in DO school.

I would recommend shooting for a 27/28 since your sGPA is kinda low.

Also, I would try and do some volunteering with the US....the other is nice but most schools want to see some continous at a local hospital for example.

You might get into some DO schools even with a 25-26, but will have more choices with 27-28+.

The psychiatric clinic is good for some clinic based experience, but I think having contact with physically ill people in a US-based medical milieau and shadowing a primary care DO physician are good ideas to round out your application. Some nonmedical community service would also be viewed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.