Pre-Dental Track Bachelor's degree invitation from UT San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mantraman1010

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an invite from them for this program (Pre-Dental Track) that lasts a year and supposedly gives me another bachelor's (I am graduating with a B.S. in Biology in May). Has anybody been through this program? Is it worth moving from Houston to SA for a year for the program? Bottom line, should I apply or is it pointless?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the email...didn't really read it...I think you should just reapply unless you are actually interested in it. I talked to a couple of ppl who did the baylor post-bac program and i was kinda jealous because they got to wax and do stuff like that. Check it out and see if you think it'll be worth it. How much is it?

wher can I find information related to this pre-dent track?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know its a weired question to ask but can any one of you post the content of invite in here or PM it to me just curious about it ..

I got the email from SA too but I deleted it without reading it. I am also curious as to what the email said. Personally, I don't see any point to doing another bachelors for "pre-dental" which to me is covered with any science degree. I'd only consider it if its going to be like the baylor program where you get actual hands on experience and get a leg up on the competition when reapplying. Otherwise, fah-get-about-it. Just shadow more, retake DAT, and improve your app. I've got two masters degrees on top of my bachelors. why would I get another bachelors? that would be a regression for me.

I just posted a thread about this! I got the email today as well.. I'm also unsure about doing this 'cause there's no guarantee of getting into dental school.

About San Antonio.. it's boring and dry. I've been here for 3 years doing my undergrad and I might choose a masters program in dallas over doing this program. Then again.. I'm waiting for Pamela to email me back with more details.

I received this email today as well. Did they just mass e-mailed it to every person who did not get into dental school?

Just got an invite from them for this program (Pre-Dental Track) that lasts a year and supposedly gives me another bachelor's (I am graduating with a B.S. in Biology in May). Has anybody been through this program? Is it worth moving from Houston to SA for a year for the program? Bottom line, should I apply or is it pointless?

I think mass e-mail. They are probably banking on the fact that some people may go in without knowing the facts and end up paying tuition for another degree which they probably do not need. It seems like a great opportunity for those who need the exposure, but since it doesn't guarantee anything, i don't think its worth it for me.

anything they can do to get more money....

why not just do the whole dental school, pay for it, but not officially call it dental school... that sounds like a great idea too...

ugh.. i am a bit bitter with San Antonio.

I got the invite yesterday as well. IMO I think this would be a good program for someone who just graduated but didn't have the best stats through college, zero interview invites, and wanted something else to put on their app. It probably stands out a little more than reapplying the next year only with a slightly higher DAT and more shadowing. Its not a masters degree, but another bachelors is at least intriguing...Couldn't hurt your chances.