Pre-dental which smp are you attending this fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atlanta213

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which smp are you attending this fall (UMDNJ, Midwestern, Boston, Tufts, RFU)?
What's good about that program as pre-dental??

Members don't see this ad.

umdnj stratford here...

umdnj seems pretty good because you have the non-thesis option that allows to you soley concentrate on coursework.

umdnj newark seems good at first glance because of the predental option but there is no guarantee that you'll be able to take the two dental courses that can be counted towards the degree.

At stratford you can take two medical courses with no strings attached (no criteria other than being matriculated). You can take courses like medical biochemistry, physiology, etc that are for the most part similar to the dental variants. At stratford medical biochemistry can substitute for fundamentals I and medical physiology can substitute for fundamentals III.

The courses at stratford seem to give you a good background and should prepare you well for the first year biomedical cirriculum in dental school.

I always thought that UMDNJ new jersey is better for pre-dental students.
It's good info! Thanks~ You mentioned that there are two dental courses that students can take. Do you know when school is going to let students know if they are eligible to take it?
Any other predental student going to attend smp?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not a pre-dental student but I have read quite a few posts n this forum concerning the matter and it seems UDMNJ, Midwestern MA, BU, Nova MBS, and even Barry MBS have been popular options for dental students in the past.

I always thought that UMDNJ new jersey is better for pre-dental students.
It's good info! Thanks~ You mentioned that there are two dental courses that students can take. Do you know when school is going to let students know if they are eligible to take it?
Any other predental student going to attend smp?

It's based on dat and gpa. Like I said, there is no guarantee; I think in another thread someone said they only picked like 15 for dental physiology. Not sure about dental biochemistry though.

I would rather just take medical biochemistry and medical physiology at stratford (knowing for sure that I'd get to take it instead of holding my breath). Oh, fwiw, the stratford campus is an osteopathic school....not that it matters to me.

Stratford is also more appealing because of the smaller class size.