pre-interview hair trama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wonderwoman569

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so heres a story that will put all of your pre-interview jitters at ease. so i have an interview in about two weeks and i wanted to cut my hair about three weeks before the interview, enough time to get it cut and adjust to it and feel comfortable with it. i didnt want anything drastic and told the lady i wanted it shoulder length. she had cut my hair several times before and was a stylist at a reputable aveda salon so i felt comfortable going to her. Shoulder length..........well i must have had my shoulders scrunched up to my ears because i ended up with a haircut that is above my ears.....no lie.....wtf.....cried for like four days straight........horrible huh......so if you are stressing over an interview just remember, you could have had your hair butchered........cant believe it. why why why why why why why why why? maybe i have bad karma or something.

Members don't see this ad.

so heres a story that will put all of your pre-interview jitters at ease. so i have an interview in about two weeks and i wanted to cut my hair about three weeks before the interview, enough time to get it cut and adjust to it and feel comfortable with it. i didnt want anything drastic and told the lady i wanted it shoulder length. she had cut my hair several times before and was a stylist at a reputable aveda salon so i felt comfortable going to her. Shoulder length..........well i must have had my shoulders scrunched up to my ears because i ended up with a haircut that is above my ears.....no lie.....wtf.....cried for like four days straight........horrible huh......so if you are stressing over an interview just remember, you could have had your hair butchered........cant believe it. why why why why why why why why why? maybe i have bad karma or something.

Eek! Welp, maybe you could bring it up in the interview and laugh about it.

"Are you terribly nervous Ms Wonderwoman569?"
"Actually, I was more nervous at my hairdresser's a few weeks ago, with good reason!"

my husband says i should just shave it all off and tell them i did it to support breast cancer research and survivors or something. LOL

Members don't see this ad :)

What a nightmare. I've heard of extensions... but I don't know anything about them or how they work. Maybe get it styled right before you go to the interview if that's possible? I know I would have no idea what to do with short hair. Shaving it would be interesting--you'd definitely stand out! I hope your hair grows quickly! Please let us know what you ended up doing! Good luck!

I don't understand how someone can make that kind of mistake. Thats like 6 inches or more. Maybe your hair dresser has some unconscious motivations for not wanting you to do well on your interview.

I don't understand how someone can make that kind of mistake. Thats like 6 inches or more. Maybe your hair dresser has some unconscious motivations for not wanting you to do well on your interview.
Or maybe consious (jealosy etc).Who knows? Sad story, but now you just need to focus on the interview. Good luck!!!

awww... sorry to hear. i hate it when that happens! nevertheless, good luck on your interview :luck:

thanks for all the well wishes. i went to a second salon, the best there is.....and got it re-cut.....it was very uneven and really badly cut. she fixed it and evened it out. unfortunately its even shorter now but looks better at least. good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews. :)