Pre-interview reading material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Shania

Does anyone know of any recommended reading material that will beef me up on health policy, ethics, and other stuff I need for upcoming interviews. Any articles, journals, book titles would be nice. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if you can cram for interviews like an exam but what you can do is subscribe to one of the MEDSCAPE weekly email newsletters (you can personalize the topics included , ex. managed care)

I'm pretty sure their general website is www.medscape.com.

Also, one of my favorite websites is cnn.com. I just have that as my opening page on my browser so everyday I can see what's going on around the world. Even if you didn't have interviews coming up I'd highly recommend these two websites.

GOOD LUCK!!

i think that i saw this book recommended in a different thread a while ago, but it really does deserve another recommendation.

Intervention and Reflection - Basic Issues in Medical Ethics by Ronald Munson.

i used it for a class in medical ethics. it's a very easy read and covers many important issues from several perspectives.
it's close to 900 pages so you probably can't
cram it in before interviews, but if you have some times and want to brush up on certain issues Munson's book gets my full endorsement.

good luck.

[This message has been edited by dxn (edited 12-21-2000).]