Pre-Interview Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureNCmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's a depressing post, but I would be interested to know what schools are handing out pre-interview rejections and which ones aren't. I'll start with my pre-interview rejections so far:

1) Boston University (they rejected me so fast I doubt they even looked at my app)

2) Tulane

3) University of Pittsburgh

Members don't see this ad.

Misery loves company....try to keep it positive next time.

I think many schools hand out pre-interview rejections. I have Mayo, Pritzker, UCSF, JHU, Tulane and EVMS if ure interested. But I think hte better question to ask now would be which schools still have interview spots available.

Members don't see this ad :)
And you have 3 interviews so I wouldnt worry too much if I were you!

GOOD LUCK!

can add Dartmouth and USC. Surprised no one said Georgetown or GWU.

I think very much every school hand out pre-interview rejections. Considering only about 10-20 percent of the applicants get interviews, the other 80-90 percent must be pre-interview rejections. Now, if you are asking about pre-secondary rejections, the list would be a lot shorter.

can add Dartmouth and USC. Surprised no one said Georgetown or GWU.

USC owes me three rejection letters if they are gonna reject me. I clicked the pay button three times because I did not receive the "received" payment email immediately :(

Called them and only got the answering machine, will try again! But if they do reject me pre-interview. I expect THREE letters!!!:D (or emails... heh)

Albany, Mayo, U of Rochester, the SUNYs

Misery loves company....try to keep it positive next time.

I'm not trying to be negative... just think it may be helpful to know what schools are handing out pre-interview rejections b/c that way if you see some schools you've applied to and have yet to hear anything, you know that at least they're still considering your app and not just silently rejecting you.

USC owes me three rejection letters if they are gonna reject me. I clicked the pay button three times because I did not receive the "received" payment email immediately :(

Called them and only got the answering machine, will try again! But if they do reject me pre-interview. I expect THREE letters!!!:D (or emails... heh)

lol I also double paid USC and have yet to hear anything... I sent them a money order after I saw my original check bounced just to find out that it went through later. I've been harassing them for the past month trying to get them to send me back my money order so I can get that money back, but it is super hard to get in touch with them!

Rejected from Mayo Clinic and UCSF so far...

Boston. Cornell. Tulane. Albany. Georgetown. SUNY Upstate Hold (=Rejection).