Pre-interview updates - elaborating on AMCAS + new info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

einstein1990

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious on the general opinion on this weird sort of update.

So, a school put me on hold (post-interview) and requested more information from me about my non clinical community service experiences before a decision was made on my file.

That being said, it seems like this is pretty important. I typed and submitted an update where I elaborated with much more detail what I had already listed on AMCAS, added something else I did during college I neglected to originally put on AMCAS, and added a new volunteer experience I recently became involved in.

Do you think it would be a good idea to send this update to other schools who I haven't heard from since I was complete in the beginning of August? Or is this not acceptable?

Input would be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

I was curious on the general opinion on this weird sort of update.

So, a school put me on hold (post-interview) and requested more information from me about my non clinical community service experiences before a decision was made on my file.

That being said, it seems like this is pretty important. I typed and submitted an update where I elaborated with much more detail what I had already listed on AMCAS, added something else I did during college I neglected to originally put on AMCAS, and added a new volunteer experience I recently became involved in.

Do you think it would be a good idea to send this update to other schools who I haven't heard from since I was complete in the beginning of August? Or is this not acceptable?

Input would be appreciated :)
Why not go for it? I have sent an LOI and, even if rejected, I want to be sure I did everything possible to earn an II/acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think if it's been 2+ months since you originally applied, it could be worth it to update them

For those of you that sent LOIs, who did you address the letters to? Or did you just use email? And how did you structure your message? I would feel awkward to just send a laundry list of stuff that I've continued to do/have recently started.