pre-med advising for PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDR

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice regarding my situation.
i'm a recent pharmacy grad class of '00, working in the area at a hospital as a full-time pharmacist. at work i've been interacting with many drs and i'm becoming more and more interested in medicine. unfortunately, my grades from school are herondous. my GPA is 2.7. i was reviewing through some of the MCAT stuff and everything seemed do-able and if i studied really hard i can do exceptionally well. what do you guys say? would it be a long shot?

PharmDR

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, I'm suprised that you think the MCAT is "do-able"

You must be a really good test-taker. Well I must say that isn't unreasonable for you to get in. With those stats you probably could get into a DO school. However your MCAT probably can't be lower than a 25 considering your GPA. Your work experience is a plus. Are you a PharmD or Pharm BS. PharmD is a plus. Did you go to USP?

Good luck

If you want a full set of MCAT books that Princeton Review uses (almost new), I would sell them to you.

Have a great day

AK

clarification:

sorry guys, i hope i didn't come off as being arrogant when i said the MCATs are do-able. but what i meant to say is that everything looked familiar so if i reviewed and studied it was do-able.

adam: to answer your question, yes i did graduate from usp with BS in pharmacy. how's your PCOM learning experience going? how did you do on your MCATs? where did you go undergraduate?

bostongirl22: how did your PCOM interview go?

PharmDR

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually I'm going to NSUCOM.
I was accepted to NSU, PCOM, LECOM, NYCOM
But I chosse NSU
PCOM was an extremely close 2nd

If I get off the waiting list at 2 allopathic school I'm going there.

Not that I'm MD envy it just that these are state schools and I will save 15K a year

I'm finishing up at USP in the spring. Onyl 33 school days left.

Not that I'm counting

AK

adamdoc,

you're at USP? i graduated from USP in '00 with BS- Pharmacy. wha did you major?

PharmDR