Pre-med and SDN Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoya2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all.
I am a long-time reader of these forums and currently applying to schools. I'm writing a piece for college paper for incoming freshmen and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to email me useful advice about using the forums. I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

a lot of SDN is like having a blind painter explain to a blind onlooker about art.

you need to add your own colors to the picture.

Epipen, you are a poet

Members don't see this ad :)
There is some good info on this site, but there is also some lies. Don't trust the gunners and snipers, the Mods are usually good for some real info. PM me if you have any specific questions, I can try to help you.

There is some good info on this site, but there is also some lies. Don't trust the gunners and snipers, the Mods are usually good for some real info. PM me if you have any specific questions, I can try to help you.

Far more prevalent and IMO dangerous are the panick plague-spreaders (OMG I HAVENT RECEIVED ANY EMAIL FROM SCHOOL X IN 24 SECONDS AND I SUBMITTED 1 HOUR AGO)

The best advice I can think of is to take everything with a grain of salt. SDN members seem to be self-selecting in that only the crazily driven people find out about it and frequent it. Put another way, the forum's populace consists mostly of very qualified med school candidates, and that can be quite intimidating. Just judging by these forums, it seems like the average applicant has a 3.7/32, but that's simply not the case.

Far more prevalent and IMO dangerous are the panick plague-spreaders (OMG I HAVENT RECEIVED ANY EMAIL FROM SCHOOL X IN 24 SECONDS AND I SUBMITTED 1 HOUR AGO)

Let's not forget the "OMG Medical Pay is going Down the Tubes!!" and "What's better? MD or DO?"

Neurosis comes to mind when I think about SDN.

OP...in your paper you should say something like:

"Freshmen: Only read SDN in close proximity to a sufficient amount of Xanax. It has a lot of useful information, but it can also make you go insane."

As long as you mention the piss poor signal-to-noise ratio on this forum you should be good to go.

one of us always lies. :shifty:

one of us always tells the truth. :D

you have one question to find what you seek...

mwa ha ha ha ha!!!!

Man, this place stresses me out, and I've already been accepted.

Hahahaha. :thumbup:

As long as you mention the piss poor signal-to-noise ratio on this forum you should be good to go.

I think it's more than just noise. Some of it seems designed to freak you out.

Just take everything with a grain of salt. Consider your sources.

Hey all.
I am a long-time reader of these forums and currently applying to schools. I'm writing a piece for college paper for incoming freshmen and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to email me useful advice about using the forums. I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Stay away as long as possible.

4.0/45 mcat, imaginary stats will make you feel like ****. Everyone on SDN has 40+ mcat score, so you won't get into medical school.