Pre-Med Clubs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elric123

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just been accepted to Houston Baptist University! These folks seem to have a great track record of helping their students get into medical school. This school has a very active Pre-Med Club, and it seems the norm for students to become involved.
Receintly, I read that the relative merrits of affiliation with Pre-Med clubs or other organization are dubious.
Any advice?
Elric

Members don't see this ad.

Here's the deal with clubs: belonging to clubs alone will not impress anyone. The key to putting clubs on your app is to have some activities and leadership within the club to talk about. Participation and contribution to the club is necessary. Let's say you organize a group from your pre-med society to go and do Habitat for Humanity one day. That would be impressive. Or you're an elected officer of the club. Also be sure and expand your body of experience beyond pre-med clubs alone. They look for well-rounded people with diverse interests. Good luck!

------------------
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

--Willy Wonka

Thanks Dr.K.
Actually the club sounds fun, and I already have some ideas about activities and projects. I am just unsure if I should allow myself the distraction from my studies.
Thanks again,
Elric

Status
Not open for further replies.