Pre-med Committee Interview today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USeF

sunny L.A.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had my pre-med committee interview today. This one is very important because they write a letter summarizing all my letters of recommendation, adding info that all the medical schools are looking for. Of the 9 committee members, two actually interview and they go back and report to the rest of the committee about me. One of the two happened to be Dr. Cole, a former admissions committee member at the U. of Maryland. She had only good things to say about my app and told me repeatedly that I am a competitive applicant. Since it was an interview, I had prepared for it as if it was my first med school interview, which is good because she asked me a few of the questions I had been prepared for:

-tell us about you, from childhood up to now
-what is your biggest strength and weakness
-talk about your extra-curricular activities, why did you do them
-why do you want to be involved in public health in addition to medicine
-talk about your community service
-how many schools did you apply to, how did you select them

It went really well, maybe because I knew it was 'just USF staff' I wasn't nervous at all and felt very open about the whole thing. To tell you the truth, I am getting really excited about this whole process. Can't wait to visit these schools and talk with the students/faculty in some real medical school interviews! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Cool, I had my interview with the pre-med committee yesterday. I sat at the table with 3 PhD's and 1 M.S. They asked a lot of questions about my thoughts on things like Stem Cell Research and Cloning. One chem professor asked why I think that some MD's miss lyme's disease. I don't know anything about lyme's disease. Anyway, it wasn't stressful, we just talked. They said I did the best job anyone has done in years and they will highly recommend me, YEAH!!

Mossjoh

Great job Mossjoh! I didn't get a single question about my research, actually. Which is fine, because it's my extra currics and my community service that are unique and will help me. Especially at the top schools.. my research will pale in comparison to the guys and gals applying there.

Anybody else had pre med committe interviews yet, let people know how it went!

later