streetdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 14, 2002
The Tundra
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
One of my secondaries asks for a pre-med committee letter. i went to a smaller school and we don't have an official committee, but my advisor/department chair said they could write one as a committee for me. is this a good idea or should i let the school know there is no committee???
and what does a committee usually consist of? all science profs?
thanks for the help
streetdoc

SDNLurker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2002
California
Status (Visible)
my school used a committee full of science people, a few local doctors and professors. Youshould be fine! :)

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2001
anchorage, ak
Status (Visible)
Just inform the school that your school does not have a committee, and go ahead and send your LOR's. Many schools require you to use a committee letter if your school has one, but no one expects you to go to the trouble of convening a committee that does not exist!! Plus it would just delay you. My school (a large private university) did not have a committee, so I have no idea who's usually on them, but I had no problems applying to 23 schools without a committee. Good luck with your applications!! :)

About the Ads

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hi,

I agree, just let the school know you don't have a committee. Most of the time they will let you know what they want in place of a committee letter. LOR's are used in place of the letter as said above.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.