streetdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 13, 2002
The Tundra
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
One of my secondaries asks for a pre-med committee letter. i went to a smaller school and we don't have an official committee, but my advisor/department chair said they could write one as a committee for me. is this a good idea or should i let the school know there is no committee???
and what does a committee usually consist of? all science profs?
thanks for the help
streetdoc

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
Just inform the school that your school does not have a committee, and go ahead and send your LOR's. Many schools require you to use a committee letter if your school has one, but no one expects you to go to the trouble of convening a committee that does not exist!! Plus it would just delay you. My school (a large private university) did not have a committee, so I have no idea who's usually on them, but I had no problems applying to 23 schools without a committee. Good luck with your applications!! :)

About the Ads

Andrew_Doan

Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2002
San Diego, CA
www.facebook.com
Status
Attending Physician
SMW is right. Listen to her. If the school has a committee, then this letter must be used. If not, then use the LORs.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi,

I agree, just let the school know you don't have a committee. Most of the time they will let you know what they want in place of a committee letter. LOR's are used in place of the letter as said above.

About the Ads