Pre-Med Committee LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g5chand

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen quite a few schools that require a pre-med advising LOR. Unfortunately, I have not built a strong relationship with my school's pre-med committee. If I am not able to get one, what should I do?

Please help me out.

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools (at least both undergrads that I've attended, so maybe not most, but possibly most) do interviews between the student and members of the committee and then from those interviews they get a letter written. So you are really hanging out and getting to know all the members, they just interview you and get to know you in that interview and write a letter from that. If thats not the case, then hmmmm......I'm sure a more knowledgeable sdner will enlighten you

It really depends on your committee. The first thing you need to do is find out what kind of letter they write. Most of them have a packet that you can pick up that explains the whole process. If not, just ask. The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.

Some committees, like the one at my UG, don't need to know you. They have you give an evaluation form to each of your letter writers for them to fill out in addition to their LOR that ranks you as compared to other med school applicants. Then they just summarize the main points of each letter, and report where your letter writers ranked you.