Pre-Med = death sentence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got home from the dentist and he told me that all the enamel on my front teeth were gone due to the fact that I grind me teeth at night. He said it is caused by stress most likely from being pre-med. Anyone know how pre-meds compare in health to other students?

Members don't see this ad.

Same as every other graduate or professional school geared student --- stressful and full of anxiety and anticipation.

Welcome to Earth.

DoctorB said:
I just got home from the dentist and he told me that all the enamel on my front teeth were gone due to the fact that I grind me teeth at night. He said it is caused by stress most likely from being pre-med. Anyone know how pre-meds compare in health to other students?

:laugh: Your dentist told you that your enamel was gone because you are a pre-med student? That's ridiculous! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.TobiasFünke said:
Thats why they make mouth guards

Did your avatar grow?

Pre-Med isnt that bad guys. We just like to feel sorry for ourselves sometimes. Pre-grad for almost any type of chemistry or biology is much worse. Still funny though!

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
Thats why they make mouth guards

i've wore a night guard long before i became a premed.

DoctorB said:

try to hit the gym at times, it makes things much better
also, do you have any back up options, you dont want to be putting TOO much pressure on yourself
why is your name 'doctorB', are you a doctor yet?

TPROrgoTutor said:
Pre-Med isnt that bad guys. We just like to feel sorry for ourselves sometimes. Pre-grad for almost any type of chemistry or biology is much worse. Still funny though!

Tell me about it. I know some people in the chem/physics graduate program (PhD candidates) barely shower, and if you don't believe me, go to the tutoring center of any university. They probably work and study more than a couple of us put together.

Relax.

DoctorB said:

Sounds like you missed the doc's sense of humor...

spospo said:
i've wore a night guard long before i became a premed.

You're not from West TX are you?????? :) Just wondering.

Looque said:
Did your avatar grow?

Probably because he's an angel...or a donor...i can't remember which, but if you donate to SDN one of the perks is having a bigger avatar

and to the OP, your dentist is an idiot....but a $2 mouthgard and wear it at night.

DoctorB said:

Stressed-out people come in all fields, all shapes and sizes. If you're a neurotic spaz med-student, you'd be just as much a neurotic spaz pharmacist, mailman, football player, invalid, etc.

Word of advice: chill out.

Members don't see this ad :)
TomWestmanRules said:
Word of advice: chill out.

No kidding. I guessed he'd have an ulcer in his other thread, but I suppose I was a little off.

Well, I don't know, maybe he has an ulcer, too.

DoctorB, you should have yourself checked out.

DoctorB said:

He is just trying to discourage you from pursuing a medical degree as it is part of a vast dentist conspiracy to lessen the number of physicians in the world so they can finally take over the entire medical community.

How ironic would it be if you were a pre-dent student? :laugh:
-Dr. P.

Looque said:
Did your avatar grow?

Ah yes - "Avatar Envy" - quite common these days!

I used to suffer from it myself - until I became an angel! Highly recommend you try it! I experienced up to 3 pixels of Avatar Growth per day, until reaching my maximum potential of 150 X 150 pixels. My wife (and SDN girlfriend) have never been more satisfied! :thumbup:

danjo said:

I used to suffer from it myself - until I became an angel! Highly recommend you try it! I experienced up to 3 pixels of Avatar Growth per day, until reaching my maximum potential of 150 X 150 pixels. My wife (and SDN girlfriend) have never been more satisfied! :thumbup:

I've been getting emails constantly advertising ways to make it grow... it's kind of depressing, as if mine is abnormally small or something.

Looque said:
I've been getting emails constantly advertising ways to make it grow... it's kind of depressing, as if mine is abnormally small or something.

I know, right? I finally succumbed. They broke me!

DoctorB said:
I just got home from the dentist and he told me that all the enamel on my front teeth were gone due to the fact that I grind me teeth at night. He said it is caused by stress most likely from being pre-med.
Sigh. It's not the pre-med that is bad for the health. It's pre-meds. The major seems to attract stress kittens, not cause them.

MollyMalone said:
And you've loved every minute of it.... haven't you, big boy??

<crack!>

YES MISTRESS MALONE! Thank you ma'am - may I have another?

notdeadyet said:
Sigh. It's not the pre-med that is bad for the health. It's pre-meds. The major seems to attract stress kittens, not cause them.

Whichever way it's operating, some overly stressed pre-meds should consider that the stress is only going to escalate. I'm reminded of something about heat and kitchens.

danjo said:

:D Since the "avatar" growth, I have had a bit of a problem with exhaustion, but I am working through it.

jackieMD2007 said:
:D Since the "avatar" growth, I have had a bit of a problem with exhaustion, but I am working through it.

You're a trooper though! Thanks for "working it" out! :p

baylormed said:
You're not from West TX are you?????? :) Just wondering.
lol. what the hell? i'm from west TX. we all work on ranches, wear wranglers and boots, and ride horses to school, but none of us wear night guards. i don't even know what those are. :D

MD-To Be said:
He is just trying to discourage you from pursuing a medical degree as it is part of a vast dentist conspiracy to lessen the number of physicians in the world so they can finally take over the entire medical community.

:D