Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Pre-Med,Pre-Pharmacy,Pre-Dentistry

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mr.Patel, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Mr.Patel

Mr.Patel Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    As of right now I am still in HIgh school. I have no goals or anything like that, but I was wondering if I can do Pre-Med,Pre-Pharmacy,and Pre-Dentistry in my undergraduate years and graduate in 4 years. Then apply to Dental school, Med School, and Pharmacy School. So is this possible and if it is, is it good way to go about it????? Thanks in Advance.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Um, if I am understanding you correctly. Most schools don't have a formal pre-med/pharm/dental track, you just take math, physics, chem, biology that fill the requirments to apply your junior or senior year for dental, med, pharm school. Pharmacy is different though, oops, i don't know much about that. Worry about getting into a good undergrad school, keep your debt down, than see an advisor to schedule out your classes.

4. neovenom

neovenom Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i believe pre-med, pre-pharm, and pre-dental all have similar pre-req classes, so just take those early on. as you go through college, try to get more educated about each profession and figure out which one is the one you want to pursue, because it would be a waste of time and energy to prepare yourself for all three. they have three seperate national tests, require different experience/activities, and the committees probably will frown upon someone who can't make up their mind on what they want to be.