Pre med requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuro_phd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

I need some advice. The requirements to join a med school indicates undergraduate level courses in chemistry, physics, calculus and Biology. I have Bachelors degree from India in which I took graduate level courses in Chemistry, Physics and Calculus. So, my question is: Will these courses be counted here.

I am thinking of taking a Biology course from a community college. Or should I get enrolled for a pre-med course in which all the requirements are filled.

BTW, my gpa in the UG courses are excellent (4.0). I really would like to use them here.

Members don't see this ad.

neuro_phd said:
I took graduate level courses in Chemistry, Physics and Calculus. So, my question is: Will these courses be counted here.

I would say that they most likely will. But what the hell do I know? Your best bet it to call a few med school admissions offices and see what they say.

From what I understand, most med schools want you to fulfill the prereqs at a US or Canadian school.