pre-med requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlanAlan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior applying to med school (I have a few interviews coming up). I was supposed to take a chemistry course this fall to fulfill my chemistry requirement but had to drop it.

Does this screw me for this year, or can I take a chemistry course next semester or over the summer?

any comments?

Members don't see this ad.

AlanAlan said:
I am a senior applying to med school (I have a few interviews coming up). I was supposed to take a chemistry course this fall to fulfill my chemistry requirement but had to drop it.

Does this screw me for this year, or can I take a chemistry course next semester or over the summer?

any comments?

Most schools say that applicants must fulfill the requirements before matriculation. So you should be ok taking it next semester or in the summer. Some schools are more picky though. For example, I think Cornell says that the requirements must be fulfilled by January of the matriculating year. Check the website of each school you applied to.

Thanks airflare.