Pre Med Route: Healthcare Administration or Neuroscience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspireToInspire2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time deciding between majoring in Neuroscience (less hours and easier track as far as fulfilling pre reqs) and majoring in Healthcare Administration while taking the pre reqs required (more hours, more job opportunities and internships, backup plan in case med school doesn't work out). I have a passion for both and could see myself doing one or the other but can't decide which. I know that what you major in doesn't necessarily matter for medical school but with one being a science and one being a non-science major I'm not sure which will be more beneficial to me. Any advice?
Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I am a student going into UT Dallas and I'm having a hard time deciding between majoring in Neuroscience (less hours and easier track as far as fulfilling pre reqs) and majoring in Healthcare Administration while taking the pre reqs required (more hours, more job opportunities and internships, backup plan in case med school doesn't work out). I have a passion for both and could see myself doing one or the other but can't decide which. I know that what you major in doesn't necessarily matter for medical school but with one being a science and one being a non-science major I'm not sure which will be more beneficial to me. Any advice?
Thank you in advance!
I would remove your school name. I am very familiar with the programs at this school though. The neuro program is GREAT. What do you think would prepare you better for medical school though? Take that into account.

I would remove your school name. I am very familiar with the programs at this school though. The neuro program is GREAT. What do you think would prepare you better for medical school though? Take that into account.[/QUOTE]
Why do I need to remove the school name?

Last edited: