Pre-med scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-med scholarships

• pre-med

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • scholarships

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

gentlecub

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know of full scholarships for undergraduate pre-med studies in the U.S? I am thinking of maybe doing nursing as a pre-med as there are more scholarships available for nursing. Is this a good idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-med isn't technically a major per se but any major that a UG can do before med school while fulfilling all the med school pre-reqs. Pick a major and google scholarships for it.

I am thinking of maybe doing nursing as a pre-med as there are more scholarships available for nursing.
There are more scholarships for nursing because scholarships for pre-med are not a real thing. You can be premed as any major at any college. Just get a scholarship to a university, period, and then take the premed required classes!

Members don't see this ad :)
There are more scholarships for nursing because scholarships for pre-med are not a real thing. You can be premed as any major at any college. Just get a scholarship to a university, period, and then take the premed required classes!
Okay. Thank you for the help. So should I just look for scholarships for biology major?

Okay. Thank you for the help. So should I just look for scholarships for biology major?

You should pick a field that can get you into a career that you are actually interested in doing should medical school not work out and then search for scholarships based on that field. Many academic departments also offer scholarships for students in particular areas of study or major that may be difficult to learn about prior to starting at the school. Picking a field of study based on what scholarships are available is short-sighted to say the least.

Reactions: 2 users
You should pick a field that can get you into a career that you are actually interested in doing should medical school not work out and then search for scholarships based on that field. Many academic departments also offer scholarships for students in particular areas of study or major that may be difficult to learn about prior to starting at the school. Picking a field of study based on what scholarships are available is short-sighted to say the least.
Well, I will keep trying to get into med school if I fail the first time. I want to study medicine. I want to major in biology or chemistry. I am not going to major in history because I could only get a scholarship to major in history. Thank you for the help. I am from Africa and our tertiary education is different. We don't have college. We just go straight to university :)

Well, I will keep trying to get into med school if I fail the first time. I want to study medicine. I want to major in biology or chemistry. I am not going to major in history because I could only get a scholarship to major in history. Thank you for the help. I am from Africa and our tertiary education is different. We don't have college. We just go straight to university :)
The majority of scholarships offered here do not require you to be a certain major - they give you the money to attend that college, and you can study whatever you want (or maybe limited within sciences). I'm no expert, but I imagine your first step needs to be taking the SAT or ACT, since those are the biggest factor in US college admissions.

Hi. Does anyone know of full scholarships for undergraduate pre-med studies in the U.S? I am thinking of maybe doing nursing as a pre-med as there are more scholarships available for nursing. Is this a good idea?

no