Pre-Med seeking medical related part time job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrisf7262

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a post-bacc pre-med student looking for a part time job to earn some cash. I need the money desperately, and want to stick to a job that is within my field of study. I am currently enrolled in a hospital volunteer position at UCLA. I currently applied for a few positions in various hospital ER's, but am waiting to hear back and have been told they may not be hiring until next summer. Any suggestions on good pre-health jobs in the greater Los Angeles area? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

pharmacy tech or intern. desk job in a practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey Chris, i am located in southern California as well and have heard tons of good stuff about various scribes programs located in LA, SB, Upland, and Corona. Do you, or anyone for that matter, know of any other scribe programs throughout socal?

Last edited:
i know that pharm tech need a license but does an ER scribe or coroner's assistant require certification? just curious...

I'm currently an ER scribe and I would highly recommend it. It's really a great experience. There's no formal certification required, but most programs will spend time training new scribes, anywhere from a few days to a week.

i know that pharm tech need a license but does an ER scribe or coroner's assistant require certification? just curious...

there's no formal license but like the other guys have said you'll have a good amount of PAID training to go through. i think the scribe program in upland averages about 40 hours of training...at least that's what they claim on their website.

receptionist at a doc's office?

I have been looking for Scribe positions in Tampa, but no luck yet. Closest things has been Medical Assistants. Hopefully the hospital I am volunteering at will give me a shot.