Pre-med student athletes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swimerpaco

Registered
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Judging by some of the names on this message board, it sounds like there are some athletes out there. Did this come up in any of your interviews? Also, do you find it hard schedualing interviews around practice and competitions?

Members don't see this ad.

I had one interview that revolved primarily around the sport I participate in (ultra-marathons). The interviewer asked a bunch of questions about physiology, nutrition, injuries, and how running has shaped my life philosophy. This is the time of year that I cut my miles way back, so the scheduling hasn't been too difficult.

yeah I'm a little worried about this, my season starts in January and we have one thing every weekend. Plus I know my coaches are not gunna be happy about me missing any practice during that time.

Members don't see this ad :)
smallqt said:
yeah I'm a little worried about this, my season starts in January and we have one thing every weekend. Plus I know my coaches are not gunna be happy about me missing any practice during that time.
Don't worry yet. When the interviews start rolling faster than you can resond with an acceptance, then it's time to worry. Also, a lot of interviews are during the week.

When I tell my coach about an interview, I know she is happy.....but wishes she didn't have to deal with it. I think she then calls the school and tries to find the lap swim times for me. I'll probably be the one on the campus tour walking around with wet hair.