Pre-med student looking for advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tali1954

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I’m a senior at UCF, graduating in the fall with a biomedical sciences degree. My GPAis 3.2 i haven’t taken the MCAT yet, I have 160 shadowing hours and 500 volunteer hours, and 1 year of research, most of my time is to work (its only me and my mom it’s been like that for the past 10 years) my goal is to make it to medical school, but with my GPA I do not feel confident applying. For a long time I’ve thought about joining the army (68whisky) or navy (corpsman) so I can do medical school through them instead, At the same time take and have them pay for my college. I know it will take me longer but to be honest I do not know what to do next. Any suggestion will be appreciated thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Even if you do medical school "through the military" (HPSP), you still have to get into medical school. It won't be any easier just because you are in the military. Getting in with a 3.2 GPA will be difficult but there are so many other factors to consider when deciding whether you have a chance. Do you feel like you could raise your GPA doing a post-bach program or retaking courses? Anyways, good luck