Pre-med transcript question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LambdaMed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am currently attending a state school in California for my fifth semester. I was diagnosed with depression about 2 years ago and it has been effecting my school work for the worst. I had to withdraw from school on two separate occasions and I now have many Ws on my transcript. Last semester I was able to finish the entire semester, but I did unofficial withdraw from a zoology course, as well as a religious studies course. I received relatively low grades in my other two courses. (a c- in the last half of general chemistry, and a c in pre-calculus). My mental health is finally improving and my grades are picking up, but my transcript will definitely have many blemishes on it when i apply to medical school. I was wondering if that would have a significant impact on my chances of getting accepted by a 'good' medical school, as well as if anyone here had any advice on how to improve my situation. thank you all for your time.

Members don't see this ad.