Pre-meds/meds what do you think of the Medicare pay cuts??

Nov 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Doctors brace for possible big Medicare pay cuts

The sad thing is that reading the comments there seems to be a lot of people who think that this is perfectly fine since doctors are "overpaid" anyways and that they shouldn't be complaining. What they forget is that you need to work your @ss off during medical school acquiring 150k+ in debts and then you have to do residency for 3-5 years working 80 hours a week for a measly 40k salary. I want to see where their tough guy mentality is when they get into an emergency and come begging for a doctor to save their lives.

I hate the public, so ungrateful and envious :mad: (sorry for the rant, lol)

Silverman780

The Exalted Grand Poobah
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2009
Looking at at tree in Oregon, USA
Status
Pre-Medical
Jan 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I think most of us are for the cuts. We definitely all want to make as little money as possible after going to medical school. :rolleyes:

But seriously, do you really have to ask how people will feel about it?

texahn

Yes
7+ Year Member
May 5, 2009
Status
Non-Student
I think most of us are for the cuts. We definitely all want to make as little money as possible after going to medical school. :rolleyes:

But seriously, do you really have to ask how people will feel about it?
amen.

jvesco22

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2009
Status
Another quality thread by Nilf.

Jan 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm switching to nursing so I can make $500k/year.
Nursing is for lazy people who don't want to do any work ( I kid, I kid), its EMTs that make real bank, theres a thread here somewhere about how to make bank as an EMT...you should listen to them!

Dec 27, 2009
Status
The same people who say doctors are paid too much are probably the same people who don't care that athletes make millions for throwing balls around.

OP
A
Nov 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm switching to nursing so I can make $500k/year.
Not quite, CRNAs (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) only have to go to a graduate program for 2-3 years with only 1 year of experience yet make more than primary car doctors and don't have as much debt (avg salary is about 189k) :eek:

Silverman780

The Exalted Grand Poobah
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2009
Looking at at tree in Oregon, USA
Status
Pre-Medical
Nursing is for lazy people who don't want to do any work ( I kid, I kid), its EMTs that make real bank, theres a thread here somewhere about how to make bank as an EMT...you should listen to them!
Yeah, The job just pays SO well, so much bank. :D

At this rate I'm going to have too much money, I think I'll buy a 3rd yacht.

torshi

Squirrel
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2010
Doctors brace for possible big Medicare pay cuts

The sad thing is that reading the comments there seems to be a lot of people who think that this is perfectly fine since doctors are "overpaid" anyways and that they shouldn't be complaining. What they forget is that you need to work your @ss off during medical school acquiring 150k+ in debts and then you have to do residency for 3-5 years working 80 hours a week for a measly 40k salary. I want to see where their tough guy mentality is when they get into an emergency and come begging for a doctor to save their lives.

I hate the public, so ungrateful and envious :mad: (sorry for the rant, lol)
I think it's BS and they should get in return what they worked so hard for rather than cut salaries