Pre Meds what is your favorite Disney cartoon movie?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Favorite Disney Cartoon movie?

• Fox and the Hound

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Snowwhite

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Fantasia

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Peter Pan

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Little Mermaid

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Beauty and the Beast

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • Fern Gulley

• Sleeping Beauty

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Pinocchio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bambi

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Cinderalla

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Alice in Wonderland

Votes: 11 4.4%
  • 101 Dalmatians

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Lady and the Tramp

• The jungle Book

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Robin Hood

Votes: 11 4.4%
  • Aladdin

Votes: 48 19.1%
  • Lion King

Votes: 60 23.9%
  • The Sword in the Stone

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • The Aristocats

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • The Rescuers

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Lilo and Stitch

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters
I feel like our choices are biased with regard to our age group...Beauty and the Beast, all the way!

Members don't see this ad.

I remember going to the theaters twice to watch Simba and the gang (the only time I did that). I even wrote a paper in middle school arguing how the Lion King is better than Hamlet (got an A too :)).

Members don't see this ad :)
After much deliberation, I have settled on The Little Mermaid. It came out when I was in high school... My family still has some Sebastian and Flounder Christmas ornaments that we put on the tree every year to torture my mom. It helps that Prince Eric is something of a hottie.. and how can you beat this :confused: -

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UL18VdAzFRM[/YOUTUBE]

Mulan has the best music (that song about getting down to business and defeating huns is tops).

But I gotta go with Aladdin here. Jasmine is by far the hottest disney heroine.
Mulan best music????? ar eyou crazy??

Fantasia is definitely number one in that department, no one else is even close.

1. Sleeping Beauty - Aurora is easily the hottest princess and the handsome prince Phillip vs. a dragon/ultra-powerful sorceress for his true love betrothed to him at birth. . . c'mon, that is awesome!

2. Beauty and the Beast - The Beast's castle is SO awesome and the Beast is so bad-ass. Too bad he had to turn into that pansy-looking prince.

3. Lion King - Just Awesome. I personally like movies with people (even cartoon) more than animals.

4. Fox and the Hound - Still get a little teary-eyed with this one. Great story about friendship.

5. The Sword in the Stone - One of the best fantasy movies ever. Merlin is the basis for all other wizards.

I also like Alladdin but don't think Jasmine is very hot. Donald in Mathmagic Land was awesome too but not really a movie . . .

Lion King had the best music.

1. Sleeping Beauty - Aurora is easily the hottest princess and the handsome prince Phillip vs. a dragon/ultra-powerful sorceress for his true love betrothed to him at birth. . . c'mon, that is awesome!

2. Beauty and the Beast - The Beast's castle is SO awesome and the Beast is so bad-ass. Too bad he had to turn into that pansy-looking prince.

3. Lion King - Just Awesome. I personally like movies with people (even cartoon) more than animals.

4. Fox and the Hound - Still get a little teary-eyed with this one. Great story about friendship.

5. The Sword in the Stone - One of the best fantasy movies ever. Merlin is the basis for all other wizards.

I also like Alladdin but don't think Jasmine is very hot. Donald in Mathmagic Land was awesome too but not really a movie . . .

Lion King had the best music.
donald duck = best disney character ever ever ever ever

okay maybe besides the alice in wonderland characters (personal bias)

but seriously everrrrrrrrrrrr

lion king and bambi made me cry, but i think the best is probably litltle mermaid. aladdin comes very close too

Im surprised Pinocchio and Bambi havent gotten any votes yet. Those movies were flat out awesome.

also i don't think fern gully is disney

I will forever love Fantasia for the music and synchronized animation, if nothing else. It's probably been more than a few years since I've seen it, but I can still vividly remember the segment on the history of Earth. The scene with the dying dinosaurs scared me sh*tless. Additionally, I've always had a soft spot for Sleeping Beauty. Even as a young girl, I found the premise of the film oddly romantic.

I also really enjoy Fern Gully, and I can't help but think it was that movie that initiated my interest in the environmental sciences and sustainability years later.

I can't believe so many people voted for Aladdin. What a lame movie. :thumbdown:

Whaaaat?! Aladdin was the shiznit! I could somewhat identify with Jasmine because she wasn't just another helpless princess. Plus Robbin Williams as Genie was fabulous! I loved it! Although not as much as the LION KING! I absolutely heart this movie. The music is fantastic. I love the Little Mermaid a lot too.. the music was great. All the others were favorites of mine here and there but none stick out in my memory as much as those three!

confirmed ferngully isn't disney

i think the fox & the hound is the saddest movie i've ever seen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, I love the Lion King so much that I have the soundtrack in Italian!

LION KING one of the best movies of all time.

"the Bear necessities, the simple bear necessities forget about your worries..."

I voted for the Little Mermaid, but it was a realllllly tough call between that, Aladdin, Lion King, and Fern Gully (although FG isnt disney).
Also, where is POCAHONTAS on this list??

I'm disappointed that Song of the South wasn't included in this poll. It mixed animation and live action about 40 years before "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" came out. It has a great story with a great soundtrack. And, most importantly, the best attraction at Walt Disney World, Splash Mountain, is based off that film.

I'm disappointed that Song of the South wasn't included in this poll. It mixed animation and live action about 40 years before "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" came out. It has a great story with a great soundtrack. And, most importantly, the best attraction at Walt Disney World, Splash Mountain, is based off that film.
ooh also mary poppins. i love that movie! although the animation was limited to a small portion of that movie.

this whole thread is making me want to fufill my dream of being a look-a-like character at disneyworld. my DREAM. i have been half-seriously considering auditioning for the position and deferring med school for a year (hahahahaha)

it would really be a dream come true.

SO i went and watched Fern Gulley last night, eventhough its not Disney, and did anyone else remember that Robin Williams raps in this movie?? it was awesome

SO i went and watched Fern Gulley last night, eventhough its not Disney, and did anyone else remember that Robin Williams raps in this movie?? it was awesome
"My name is Batty! My logic is erratic!" Or something like that... There's one line in that rap that always bothered me, even when I was a kid, "I rap like an animal but, I'm a mammal."

I always thought the fact that Tone Loc was the voice of the lizard was even cooler... at least once I knew who Tone Loc was, anyway. At the time, I just knew him as the black cop in Ace Ventura. :D

this whole thread is making me want to fufill my dream of being a look-a-like character at disneyworld. my DREAM. i have been half-seriously considering auditioning for the position and deferring med school for a year (hahahahaha)

it would really be a dream come true.

If you get the job, don't do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlzkdxad-A

Or, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuA0La81y3k

FYI- all of the Disney characters have strict height restrictions, and they're mostly on the shorter end of things. If you're tall, you might not qualify for any of the characters.

Um, hello, where is Pocahontas in this poll? I'm surprised no has mentioned it thus far! I mean, so what if it's factually inaccurate -- it still makes me cry!

Plus, Pocahontas has a sort of kick-ass attitude that is unlike any other Disney heroine. She's a free spirit with a sense of adventure and doesn't take **** from anybody! What's not to love? :p

I just noticed Hercules is missing as well...hmmm there are just too many good ones out there!

FYI- all of the Disney characters have strict height restrictions, and they're mostly on the shorter end of things. If you're tall, you might not qualify for any of the characters.

i know (believe me, this isn't a whim, i've thorougly researched this) - which is why it's PERFECT for me because i'm only 5'1"!!!

AND i can sing and dance! (just in case they ever needed me to...)

although you know, the tall ones can be the villains. (but i don't want to do that)

Um, hello, where is Pocahontas in this poll? I'm surprised no has mentioned it thus far! I mean, so what if it's factually inaccurate -- it still makes me cry!

Plus, Pocahontas has a sort of kick-ass attitude that is unlike any other Disney heroine. She's a free spirit with a sense of adventure and doesn't take **** from anybody! What's not to love? :p
Mulan's crying right now and doesn't know why. ;)

About Hercules, what I loved most about it was Meg. She was such a departure from the usual heroine. Even the stronger ones we saw during the 90s.

It was hard to put all the movies in there, that poll would be like 50 choices. I tried to pick the ones I think were tops, sorry!!

So whos the hottest princess?? I kind of like Snow white,:D

i know (believe me, this isn't a whim, i've thorougly researched this) - which is why it's PERFECT for me because i'm only 5'1"!!!

AND i can sing and dance! (just in case they ever needed me to...)

although you know, the tall ones can be the villains. (but i don't want to do that)

Go for it! WDW is a great place.

Can't you be tall and be Goofy. I think you can be 6 6 and goofy.

Can't you be tall and be Goofy. I think you can be 6 6 and goofy.
yeah but then you don't have to be a look-a-like because you wear a mask thingy

Go for it! WDW is a great place.
i really should....... i bet all the people who audition have done like tons of performance art/stuff like that before. i'd probably get rejected first round. it'd be even more of a humbling experience than applying to med school!

i wonder if my parents would fly me to orlando for the open audition dates.................

Beauty and the Beast!!! Although I love Aladdin and Lion King, I'll still choose B&B over any of them 'cos I was a bookworm just like Belle, when I was young. I even have a music box of beauty and the beast dancing to that song "Beauty and the Beast", from Disney world.

Beauty and the Beast!!! Although I love Aladdin and Lion King, I'll still choose B&B over any of them 'cos I was a bookworm just like Belle, when I was young. I even have a music box of beauty and the beast dancing to that song "Beauty and the Beast", from Disney world.
Does nobody like pinocchio??? It was definitely in my top 5.

Little Mermaid here...
- A pretty red haired girl who can't talk! Whats not to love?!
haha but being serious, little mermaid had alot positive are negative themes that are depicted in real life.

Lion King
-the death of scar was a bit violent for a 3 year old I think. But a great movie nonetheless...How you are going to weave this movie into a PS is beyond me.

Alladin- The princess is just HOTT. And the story line also can be easily woven in to PS

cinderella-godmother-large.jpg

VS.

Disney-Princess-Jasmine.jpg

um...they're not real but Cinderella's face is more aesthetically pleasing to me.

Yeah, but Jasmine has a much better body. It looks like she might even have had an augmentation done.

I still vote for "Sword and the stone!" That movie was always my favorite.

Yeah, but Jasmine has a much better body. It looks like she might even have had an augmentation done.

I still vote for "Sword and the stone!" That movie was always my favorite.
oh no. i am basically obsessed with disney, but let's not get me started on the unrealistic body image issues that they certainly do not help.

oh no. i am basically obsessed with disney, but let's not get me started on the unrealistic body image issues that they certainly do not help.

Realism is just a scalpel away... :smuggrin:

But in all seriousness, I agree.

Does nobody like pinocchio??? It was definitely in my top 5.

Pinocchio always bothered me. Then again, dolls of any kind do.

Was Anastasia a Disney movie? I just loved it and felt Disney like

But, but Pinocchio just wanted to be a real boy, lol

O, anastasia was definitely Disney, do you remember the Mickey Mouse Sorcerer thingy with the dancing brooms and water??

lol, not anastasia I meant fantasia. Not to sure about anastasia.

nope, it wasn't, but it came the closest i've ever seen.

This is some bullsh*t, where is PETE'S DRAGON!!!!:D

P.S. for a second I thought it said 'The Aristocrats' (the movie w/ Bob Saget's infamous joke) instead of 'The Aristocats'
...out of those choices though, it's a tie btwn Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood

Noooo!!! I didn't realize Fantasia was up there! I love Fantasia!!! :biglove:

I like cinderella..

This is some bullsh*t, where is PETE'S DRAGON!!!!:D

P.S. for a second I thought it said 'The Aristocrats' (the movie w/ Bob Saget's infamous joke) instead of 'The Aristocats'
...out of those choices though, it's a tie btwn Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood

HAHAHA!