Pre-Osteopathic club?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sean

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone belong to a pre-Osteopathic club? I am thinking of starting one at my campus but I can't find any examples to work from. We have a number of pre-med clubs but none that address the DO path. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

There is one at UCSD. I don't know the exact website, but you can contact them for help. Maybe someone here can help you.

There is a Pre-SOMA club here at MSU. I think the web site is www.msu.edu/presoma but I'm not sure. If you go to MSU's web site (www.msu.edu) you can access it there. Basically, we have meetings every other week and have guest speakers including phyisicans and medical students. Also, the club helps find students DO's to shadow. Additionally, every year they have a "Medical Student for a Day" where we got to classes with the MSUCOM students. If you go to the web site I am sure it will help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Sean,

I'd love to help you start a pre-SOMA club on your campus if you like. I started the club at UCSD and helped start the one at SDSU. A new club has just started at UCLA and USC should receive its national recognition status next month.

You can email me at [email protected]. If you'd like to make contacts with the Presidents of the other chapters, please email:

Glenn at [email protected] (Pre-SOMA SDSU
Vaibhav at [email protected]/[email protected] (Pre-SOMA UCSD)
Chad at [email protected] (Pre-SOMA UCLA)

You can visit the UCSD Pre-SOMA website at:

http://student.westernu.edu/aecuenca/logo.htm

Arnold
WESTERN U/COMP CLASS OF 2004

Thanks for the info, I will check those leads out. Anyone else?

Great job on the website Arnold. I will take you up on your offer and contact you directly. Thanks, Sean.

Why not just join a pre-med club??????
I'd love to hear this.

Yeah, good job on the Pre-SOMA website for UCSD. I graduated from UCSD a few years ago. I am a second year now at PCOM. I remember going to career services and picking up the sheet for osteopathy -- "So you can't get into medical school."

I'm glad some things have started to change.

------------------
-mz