Pre-Pharm experience as a drug clerk

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RLK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with Eckerd which is a pharmacy chain (not sure if it's national or not). Anyway, I'm going to possibly work as a drug clerk for them part-time. Has anyone done this type of work and is it good experience that pharmacy schools will look at?

Members don't see this ad.

do you need any experience to work as a drug clerk?

no you don't need any experience. I imagine it's going to be more like ringing up the condoms and candy bars more than anything, but hopefully it will give me some useful pharmacy knowledge.

Anyone could be a drug clerk though - it's just minimum wage. I was gonna volunteer in a pharmacy just for the experience, so even minimum wage will be a lot more than I was expecting.

Members don't see this ad :)
RLK said:
no you don't need any experience. I imagine it's going to be more like ringing up the condoms and candy bars more than anything, but hopefully it will give me some useful pharmacy knowledge.

Anyone could be a drug clerk though - it's just minimum wage. I was gonna volunteer in a pharmacy just for the experience, so even minimum wage will be a lot more than I was expecting.

Who are you trying to kid dude? It's all over this topic. You're a racist, plain and clear.

Actually, one last question I like to ask racists. What makes a ma Japanese? Is it narrow eyes, "yellow" skin, and dark black hair? Or is it where he was born? If two German's move to Japan and have a child whom they raise there, is that child Japanese?

xfactor1127 said:
Who are you trying to kid dude? It's all over this topic. You're a racist, plain and clear.

Actually, one last question I like to ask racists. What makes a ma Japanese? Is it narrow eyes, "yellow" skin, and dark black hair? Or is it where he was born? If two German's move to Japan and have a child whom they raise there, is that child Japanese?

:laugh: do you have any other question?

goheel said:
:laugh: do you have any other question?

Yes, Yes, Yes, the ranting of a spoiled, wimpy child has changed my mind. Having a temper tantrum might cause your parents to say they agree with you just to shut you up, but that doesn’t work with us. Now I've finally figured out why go on a rant and then ask us if we're convinced, because that's what you do with your parents.

wtf are you talking about?

xfactor1127 said:

Are you trying to be funny or something because I have no f*cking idea what you're talking about.