This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-PT Grind

Preptgrind.com
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Helping Pre-physical therapy students get inot PT school with a low GPA. ASK AWAY!!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I've maintained a 4.0 GPA for the past two semesters(taking mostly sciences), and my cGPA according to my school is a 3.51. However I have had to retake about 5 classes because I had a crappy first year adjusting to college work and my school drops the lower grade on the retake. So my ptcas GPA(once it comes back to me) will probably be about a 3.1. I applied to 16 schools to be safe. Is there a shot? Do you think there is anything I can do about this or basically just play the waiting game?

Well, I've maintained a 4.0 GPA for the past two semesters(taking mostly sciences), and my cGPA according to my school is a 3.51. However I have had to retake about 5 classes because I had a crappy first year adjusting to college work and my school drops the lower grade on the retake. So my ptcas GPA(once it comes back to me) will probably be about a 3.1. I applied to 16 schools to be safe. Is there a shot? Do you think there is anything I can do about this or basically just play the waiting game?

I applied and was accepted or waitlisted with a 3.12 cum and 3.32 prereq to great schools. If your experiences, essays and recommendations are strong it's 100% possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What sorts of things would you include or not include in your personal statement when you have a less-than-stellar academic background?

I have gotten into 2 schools (state schools), waitlisted in a few private schools, and rejected for 2 schools with a 3.3 cGPa and pGPA.

I had a few retakes which averaged into my GPA on PTCAS as opposed to replacing the grade.

I think my essay, interview, LOR, and extracurriculars were good, not amazing.

I think you will be fine.

I applied and was accepted or waitlisted with a 3.12 cum and 3.32 prereq to great schools. If your experiences, essays and recommendations are strong it's 100% possible.
Hey just curious, which schools did you apply to?
Thanks

Reactions: 1 user