Pre-req GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlamDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your composite GPA will be looked at first, which includes every post-high school course ever taken. Then your BCPM GPA will be looked at, which includes all math, biology, chem and physics classes, not just the prerequisites. So if your BCPM GPA is now a 3.0 (pretty low), you can fix it by taking an equal number of semester hours of upper-level science classes, getting As in all of them, and increasing it to 3.5 (reasonable).

Thanks Mobius! :)

Hopefully everything will work out. Quick question, the parameters of a BCPM GPA is obviously defined by its name, but would a neuroscience course be factored into it as well? I've gotten mixed answers on this, and want to verify. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on the content of the course. If it includes mostly behavioral science, then no. If it's mainly neuroanatomy and brain chemistry, then maybe yes. In my experience, it's usually the former, but schools can vary.

My university weights your pre-req average equally as your cumulative, but it seems most schools in the USA don't really care about your pre-req average so..? I don't know.

Too bad, because while my cumulative is a dismal 3.5, my pre-req average is a 3.83!