Pre-req mistake on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swinters369

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my situation...

My AMCAS is currently under review and will be finished within the next few days. I have listed 4 schools and paid for them already on AMCAS, but 2 of them have an 8 credit english requirement that I did not notice until now. I only have 4 credits under the course title "English" on my AMCAS course work section; however, I have a class that I listed as "Other" that I want to move to the "English" classification.

I really have no idea what this means for me... is there a chance I get rejected pre-secondary at these schools (they are my in-state "safe schools")? I understand the whole course change thing on AMCAS... at this point should I plan on doing that? Finally, since I already have submitted my request to send my app to those schools, will they even see the course change status?

Thanks!!! This is the first step for a lurker in coming out to join the ranks of the studentdoctor regulars :)

Members don't see this ad.

Are you still going to take more classes this fall/spring? If so, I wouldn't worry, just e-mail the schools and say "oops, I didn't enter that English class I was gonna take, but I'll take it."

Here's my situation...

My AMCAS is currently under review and will be finished within the next few days. I have listed 4 schools and paid for them already on AMCAS, but 2 of them have an 8 credit english requirement that I did not notice until now. I only have 4 credits under the course title "English" on my AMCAS course work section; however, I have a class that I listed as "Other" that I want to move to the "English" classification.

I really have no idea what this means for me... is there a chance I get rejected pre-secondary at these schools (they are my in-state "safe schools")? I understand the whole course change thing on AMCAS... at this point should I plan on doing that? Finally, since I already have submitted my request to send my app to those schools, will they even see the course change status?

Thanks!!! This is the first step for a lurker in coming out to join the ranks of the studentdoctor regulars :)

I don't know which schools you are specifically referring to, but looking at MSU is says 8 hours, not 8 credits. This equates to 2 semesters of english classes. Have you taken 2 semesters of english (it's a grad requirement at most schools that I know of)?

Also, if you mislabeled a class that would be considered english, the AMCAS verifier should notice it and will change the class to be categorized as english.