Pre-req question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Big Tall Doctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have an interesting case for you all. I completed my “year” of Ochem with at a quarter system school about 3 years ago. The pre req was split into ochem1,2, and 3. Ochem 1 and 2 were 4 unit with lab and I got a B, B+. The tricky bit is here where Ochem 3 was divided into lecture (3 unit) and lab (1 unit). The grade while taking the class was totaled between the two and I was in track for a B+. However my transcript has the 2 split with an A- in lecture and a C- in lab. The tldr question is , will I not satisfy the pre req requirements of most schools with this C- in Ochem 3 lab. Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

No some schools may not accept a C-. The issue is you will not have a definative answer until after you have been accepted but prior to matriculation
Thank you for the quick and realistic response. This situation annoys me

Most schools allow you to substitute biochem for organic II on a semester based system anyway. Completing two out of three trimesters should be sufficient. If it becomes an issue, you could always redo the lab the summer before matriculation or ask for a waiver especially since it is just the lab that is a problem.