Pre-Req's different for Puerto Rico Med Schools??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PRmed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows if the pre req's for PR med school is different. I have been on the sites and some say one year of spanish is needed and two years of english classes is needed. Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this. Any replies would be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

trekster54 said:
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows if the pre req's for PR med school is different. I have been on the sites and some say one year of spanish is needed and two years of english classes is needed. Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this. Any replies would be greatly appreciated :)
Pre req's are the mostly the same as for mainland schools with the exception of the one year of spanish and english. You can apply to UCC and Ponce, dont even bother with the university of Puerto Rico unless you are an island resident or have "strong ties" to the island.

Dr Who said:
Pre req's are the mostly the same as for mainland schools with the exception of the one year of spanish and english. You can apply to UCC and Ponce, dont even bother with the university of Puerto Rico unless you are an island resident or have "strong ties" to the island.

Thanks!!