Pre-Req's different for Puerto Rico Med Schools??

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

PRmed

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
KY
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows if the pre req's for PR med school is different. I have been on the sites and some say one year of spanish is needed and two years of english classes is needed. Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this. Any replies would be greatly appreciated :)

Dr Who

Future MD...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2004
Somewhere out there
Status
Resident [Any Field]
trekster54 said:
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows if the pre req's for PR med school is different. I have been on the sites and some say one year of spanish is needed and two years of english classes is needed. Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this. Any replies would be greatly appreciated :)
Pre req's are the mostly the same as for mainland schools with the exception of the one year of spanish and english. You can apply to UCC and Ponce, dont even bother with the university of Puerto Rico unless you are an island resident or have "strong ties" to the island.

PRmed

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
KY
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Dr Who said:
Pre req's are the mostly the same as for mainland schools with the exception of the one year of spanish and english. You can apply to UCC and Ponce, dont even bother with the university of Puerto Rico unless you are an island resident or have "strong ties" to the island.
Thanks!!

About the Ads