Quantcast

Pre-reqs for UT-Houston Dental School

DATBooster | The Ultimate DAT Resource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cofo

Super Cool Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to UT-Houston Dental School's website, and they say you need these classes for pre-reqs...

English- One year of College English
Biology- Two years, as required for science majors, one year must include formal laboratory experience.
Physics- One year, as required for science majors, including the corresponding laboratory experience.
Biochemistry- One semester (3 semester hours)
General Chemistry- One year, as required for science majors, including the corresponding laboratory experience.
Organic Chemistry- One year, as required for science majors, including the corresponding laboratory experience.

Does anyone know the EXACT classes you need to take, and also does anyone know the EXACT number of credits they are talking about? Thanks

PlanB21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to UT-Houston Dental School's website, and they say you need these classes for pre-reqs...

Biology- Two years, as required for science majors, one year must include formal laboratory experience.
Physics- One year, as required for science majors, including the corresponding laboratory experience.
General Chemistry- One year, as required for science majors, including the corresponding laboratory experience.
Organic Chemistry- One year, as required for science majors, including the corresponding laboratory experience.

Does anyone know the EXACT classes you need to take, and also does anyone know the EXACT number of credits they are talking about? Thanks

Dude..aren't you a senior in high school? You need to relax a little and enjoy partying and maybe lose the Ghostbusters T-shirt so you can get some play.

PlanB21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dude..aren't you a senior in high school? You need to relax a little and enjoy partying and maybe lose the Ghostbusters T-shirt so you can get some play.

Cofo

Super Cool Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I graduated high school in May.... I need answers to my QUESTIONS, NOT smartalic answers. The dumbest thing I could do is not to be prepared. I am very serious, and I have a time schedule that I'd like to keep. I want to be in a dental school in 2010. I don't know if that is God's timing, but as of now, I'd appreciate it if I could just receive intelligent and knowledgable answers. And as for "partying" and "gettin some play"...those don't fit in for God's plan for me, nor my plan.:)
oh and btw....I got this Rico Suave's ghostbuster picture from google pictures. I don't look anything near as handsome as this guy is. :)

Ex_EE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

I can tell you what I took and they had no problems with my prereqs.
English - Comp 1 and 2
Biology - BIO 1 and 2 with labs, Human phys (no lab), genetics (no lab)
Physics - physics 1 and 2 with labs
Biochem - Intro to biochem
Gen chem - Principles of chem 1 and 2 with labs
Organic - 1 and 2 with labs

I took all the english, all organic, chem 2, bio 1 and bio 2 at community college.