Pre-Reqs online during covid-19

futuremrsDr<3

Jun 20, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
    I've seen that some schools are accepting them especially during this time. What online school have you tried and liked?
    I'm looking to do biochem, calc, microbio & lab, and maybe orgo1 online. Any tips thanks!

I'm fully aware, some schools don't accept these... but also that there are exceptions right now.

TheBookCookout

• Feb 5, 2020
    1. Dental Student
      Some schools might accept those credits, but I highly doubt they will carry as much weight as if they were at your actual university. I would be cautious about knocking out that many science prerequisites online. Especially because those classes are considered traditionally difficult, and good predictors of success in dental school. Dental schools are certainly understanding about the current circumstances, but I also think they can spot people taking advantage of the situation. If you're looking to maximize productivity, take some online classes like English that you need for your degree.

futuremrsDr<3

Jun 20, 2020
      1. Pre-Dental
        Some schools might accept those credits, but I highly doubt they will carry as much weight as if they were at your actual university. I would be cautious about knocking out that many science prerequisites online. Especially because those classes are considered traditionally difficult, and good predictors of success in dental school. Dental schools are certainly understanding about the current circumstances, but I also think they can spot people taking advantage of the situation. If you're looking to maximize productivity, take some online classes like English that you need for your degree.

I was thinking the same thing, the only problem is these are the only classes I have left before I planned to apply next year.
        :/

Faris_

2+ Year Member
        Jan 27, 2019
          I think they didn't mean go to an online school or program, they most likely mean a regular university (most likely the one you're already registered at) that switched to online for a semester or two.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.