PreDents.com: Which new feature do you want?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PDizzle

PreDents.com
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, I decided on two features to add to predents.com. Both will prob go in but they will take a long time(cuz of school and family), so my question is which one do you want first??

#1) A massively complex and detailed way to search memebers. For example, you could search for how many people had a GPA of less than 3.1, a PAT of greater than 20, an AA of less than 20 and got accepted. Or you could could search for all CA residents that did not get into a CA school with a GPA of greater than 3.5. And so on. Or....

#2) A communication system between members. You will have your own little private message system and can message other members. As a member you can turn this off(And it will be displayed that you do not want messages). Your email address will never be used. There will be an option for auto-email notification of messages and some other small bells and whistles.

Just respond with either #1 or #2 (please, no pee or poo jokes!! :laugh::laugh:)

P.S. I will also make this the poll on Predents.com, so vote there as well!

Members don't see this ad.

#1. But I like to suggest another feature. Monthly breakdown of interviews and acceptances. Also when the schools begin looking at the applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pdizzle thanks for the great website! Now we just need one for dental students applying for residencies! You could call it pre-orths or pre-omfs pre-special...jk

Appreciate all the work and effort! :D

Hmm...I'm think'n it's gonna be #1 :laugh:

I'll start programming!!!!!

Now with the predents.com links we have SDN to take care of #2. Lets keep everyone communicating in one place, and not fragment things.

What might also be helpful is to have a column (or big row on the bottom) for each school’s page that displays everyone who applied to that particular school. This would be useful because not everyone updates his/her rejections at the end of the cycle (we can assume that those who did not updated were not accepted). Also, at the beginning of a cycle when schools are handing out interviews, we are already able to see the stats of those who received interviews, but this new feature would allow you to see the stats of people who are not receiving interviews from that particular school. I think there was even a thread within the last month requesting something like this.

Either way Pdizzle, great work with this site! :thumbup: It has come a long way since day one, and has become a very useful tool.

PMs on SDN is more than enough.

Here's a quick way to do #2 without actually doing it. Have a member put their SDN screen name in their profile, so if we want to contact them we can just find them here (Just like how SDN has the member's pre-dents number).

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for creating such a great resource for us all to use!!

Here's a quick way to do #2 without actually doing it. Have a member put their SDN screen name in their profile, so if we want to contact them we can just find them here (Just like how SDN has the member's pre-dents number).

Good idea...and easy as hell to do.

I put #2 in because it was requested many, many times in the past. Plus, not all predents.com members are SDN'ers (although a massive majority are).

#1 sounds much more fun to code plus it seems that the people have spoken.

#1 it is...:laugh: