Predict you MCAT score vs. actual MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrickenhugeMD

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I thought I'd make a fun thread here. It seems to me that everyone that leaves the test comes out feeling horrible, so heres a test to see if those feelings are actually accurate.

Heres what we'll do. Post the score breakdown of what you think you will get based on your feelings right now about the test. Once the scores come out, come back and edit your post so we can see if gut feelings leaving the MCAT are accurate.

Ill go first,

Prediction based on gut feeling: 10p 10v 11b (31Q)
Actual score: ?p ?v ?b (???) <-- Will know may 16th

Members don't see this ad.

Prediction walking out: 12-13p, 8-9v, 10b
Actual: 14p, 10v, 12b

MOTS: don't be too hard on yourself! I think it's fairly natural (and understandable) to feel totally @$$-raped after walking out of such a long intense exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
My prediction: 12PS, 9VR, 11BS (32)
Practice tests: 31-36
Actual: may 16th... praying not lower than above!!

Prediction: 9P, 6V, 12B
Actual: 13P, 10V, 12B
Practice AAMC tests: 31-36

Moral of the story: everyone comes out of the test feeling genuinely screwed. But if you've studied hard and have scored consistently well, then try not to worry cause it will be fine!

:luck: to all those waiting for their scores!!

cmon dice momma needs a new pair of sneakers

o wait
Prediction: 10BS 11VR 12BS N?
Actual: waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
Here - hopefully this will make you guys feel better:

When I walked out of the MCAT I predicted a 31 (I figured: PS: 10 VR: 10 BS: 11 or something like that - I forget)
Actual score: 41 (14,13,14)

You really really never know - and from experience, I know how much waiting on scores sucks the big one. :luck: and please try not to stress :)

When I walked out of the MCAT I predicted a 31 (I figured: PS: 10 VR: 10 BS: 11 or something like that - I forget)

You really really never know - and from experience, I know how much waiting on scores sucks the big one. :luck: and please try not to stress :)

Is there any reason at all that you predicted such a low score (compared to actual)? Or were you just saying that out of a weary feeling?

prediction: 8 PS 8 V 7 BS
aamc practice: 24-31
actual: may 16th

here's posting...and hoping I could return may 16th to laugh at myself...
but...that's looking very unlikely...and that's not me being a typical premed...i really did get raped :(

Is there any reason at all that you predicted such a low score (compared to actual)? Or were you just saying that out of a weary feeling?
I was comparing how I felt after leaving to how I felt after taking practice tests and I felt alot less confident in my answers (kind of like I was hit by a truck). I think it was mostly my own neuroticism, focusing on the answers I knew I got wrong instead of the test as a whole.

oh, well then... i predict PS 10 VR 10 and BS 11 :)

on a serious note.. i dont want to play this game. hahaha (i remember feeling really bad after the test, but im sorta okay or maybe desensitized to my fear).

wow what were your practice tests in the range of?
(update to mine, practice range 10-13 individuals)

August 06 prediction: 12/13PS 9/10/11VR 11/12BS Q/R WS
Actual: 13PS 6VR 12BS S (31S)

January 07 prediction: 11/12PS 8/9/10 VR 12/13BS R/S/T WS
Actual: 13PS 9VR 12BS T (34T)

Moral: sometimes weird stuff happens and you have no idea why...it is best to try to stay as calm as possible during the exam and realize that the MCAT is not the end of the world

GL everyone

This seems like a dangerous game to me, I think I will just watch you guys and hope we all did better than we thought.

Walking out: 10VR, 5PS, 8BS

Two hours later, after I calmed down and started thinking rationally: 11VR, 10PS, 9BS

Actual: 13-15VR, 14PS, 13BS

Don't let yourself fall into a deep depression when you finish. Try to put it out of your mind until the score comes (I know it's hard). Most people I know did far better than they thought they did.

I completely agree with Tired above. It'll be hard not to obsess about your score (especially right before score release), but try to realize that you tried your hardest and that, more than likely, your score will be around your practice score range.

After the test (with practice scores averaging around 32 and even across sections in the last few weeks leading up to the test with a spike to 36 on the last practice exam):
9 PS, 11 VR, 12BS, High Writing score

Score:
12 PS, 13 VR, 10 BS, Writing: S - the moral of the story being that once I figured out what it felt like to get in the 9-11 range, I wasn't sure what would happen beyond that! Those few extra points made a huge difference in my opinion!

Good luck and keep plugging along - practice, practice, practice! :luck:

prediction: 8 PS 8 V 7 BS
aamc practice: 24-31
actual: may 16th

here's posting...and hoping I could return may 16th to laugh at myself...
but...that's looking very unlikely...and that's not me being a typical premed...i really did get raped :(

Keep plugging along by doing more practice problems, drilling your weak areas by rereviewing the subject matter, and seeing if there's a consistent type of question or problem you're missing by going through and rereviewing all of your right and wrong answers. You still have a decent chunk of time to bring your score up, especially if the 24-31 practice score range you mentioned has been somewhat of an upward progression.

Good luck!

Keep plugging along by doing more practice problems, drilling your weak areas by rereviewing the subject matter, and seeing if there's a consistent type of question or problem you're missing by going through and rereviewing all of your right and wrong answers. You still have a decent chunk of time to bring your score up, especially if the 24-31 practice score range you mentioned has been somewhat of an upward progression.

Good luck!
Oh I think they mean their scores will be released on May 16th not that they're taking it on May 16th. Though I could be wrong :)

I was right on target, predicting a 38P, although my score breakdown was wrong... I thought it'd be (13,12,13), it turned out to be (13,13,12)... practice score range was 35-40, and that 40 was on my last practice (AAMC 8). Obviously I was hoping for over 40, but I only beat my actual score once on practice exams and matched it two or three times, so i was really happy. And the breakdown was fantastic, too... oh MCAT, how I miss you :love: ;)

Oh, and lesson to be learned... you will probably get within your practice score range and average of the last few practice exams you take

I was right on target, predicting a 38P, although my score breakdown was wrong... I thought it'd be (13,12,13), it turned out to be (13,13,12)... practice score range was 35-40, and that 40 was on my last practice (AAMC 8). Obviously I was hoping for over 40, but I only beat my actual score once on practice exams and matched it two or three times, so i was really happy. And the breakdown was fantastic, too... oh MCAT, how I miss you :love: ;)
But UMP is just a badass in general ;)

But UMP is just a badass in general ;)

Well, you are the hero to all self-doubters out there... I can't believe you thought you got a 31. I remember you complaining on the boards about how you screwed up the test. You're such an idiot ;)

Prediction walking out: 12-13p, 8-9v, 10b
Actual: 14p, 10v, 12b

MOTS: don't be too hard on yourself! I think it's fairly natural (and understandable) to feel totally @$$-raped after walking out of such a long intense exam.

The night before the exam I was so sure that I would get <29 that I told my girlfriend that I would buy her a pair of manolo blahniks if I got over a 33...

I predicted after the test that I got a 11 verbal, 10 PS, and a 7-8 BS, so I predicted that I got around a 29.

Got my test results back in June -- 13 VR, 10 PS, and 9 BS I was upset at first that I didn't get double digits for BS but then I realized that I would have been 5-6 hundred in the hole for that point. :laugh:

I'm predicting right now, about a 11 P 7 V 12 B (May 16th MCAT)

If I am to get around this score, am I going to have a tough time with that verbal score in there?

Prediction: 8 PS, 8-9 VR, 8-9 BS, and an M on the writing section (2nd essay was horrendous) for a grand total of 24-26M! My boss keeps asking me if I'm depressed at work. :(

Actual: we'll see on May 16th

Prediction:

PS: 8-11 big range I know
VR: 12 ... traditionally my best section, plus the 4/7 VR was super easy
BS: 10-13

actual score: may 9th

I don't really want to predict my score, because I honestly have no idea how I did. The questions that I had trouble on are the only ones that keep popping up in my head. I can't remember how many of the questions I felt "comfortable" with answering. And the more I think about how I did, the worse the score I think I will get back on May 16th. Ug... how did people with the paper MCAT deal with their two month wait? A month is tortuous enough!

I don't really want to predict my score, because I honestly have no idea how I did. The questions that I had trouble on are the only ones that keep popping up in my head. I can't remember how many of the questions I felt &quot;comfortable&quot; with answering. And the more I think about how I did, the worse the score I think I will get back on May 16th. Ug... how did people with the paper MCAT deal with their two month wait? A month is tortuous enough!

I read somewhere that most of them killed themselves, which is why we now have a doctor shortage.

I guess I'll join in the "fun"

Prediction: PS:7 VR:11 BS:8 ... 26

April 7 was an ugly day for me and I am already signed up for another round May 25.