Preliminary July 2016 PCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fox1028

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got home from taking my first PCAT and im so frustrated.
Biol:82
Chem:96
Critical Reading: very very bad
Math: 29
Composite: 64

That 96 in chemistry is so painful with those bad CR and math scores...
GPA: 3.79

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It was very hard for me, but dont get scared or anything, I was so nervous. English is not my primary language and the passages had a lot of very very rare wording. Oh well there goes 200$
Yeah I the anxious/nervousness is starting to sink in for me again. It's okay! You did really well in your sciences which is the most important part. You should check the schools that you want to apply to and see what their PCAT score range is. Maybe you won't need to take it again if can balance out with your gpa.

Yeah I the anxious/nervousness is starting to sink in for me again. It's okay! You did really well in your sciences which is the most important part. You should check the schools that you want to apply to and see what their PCAT score range is. Maybe you won't need to take it again if can balance out with your gpa.
School minimum is 10 in all subtests.

Hi, I have a question about the math section. Did you have an access to the calculator to all problems or just certain ones?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I have a question about the math section. Did you have an access to the calculator to all problems or just certain ones?

You get the calculator on all of the questions. Also, for the Chem questions, you get a Periodic Table but it is hiding in the bottom left corner of the screen (you'll know what I mean when you take the test). Good luck!

You get the calculator on all of the questions. Also, for the Chem questions, you get a Periodic Table but it is hiding in the bottom left corner of the screen (you'll know what I mean when you take the test). Good luck!
Thank you! How did it go for you? Congratulations on getting done.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! How did it go for you? Congratulations on getting done.

I made a thread about my scores but I got a 81 Composite with a 94 in Chem and a 92 in Math. Bio score isn't great at 58 (I haven't taken MicroBio or A&P), but I heard that Chem is the most important section anyways. Good luck friend!

How would you rate the difficulty compared to the Kaplan practice tests?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hi. I took 2 kaplan exams last night and got high 50s for composite. I took the actual PCAT today and got 86 composite. Kaplan definitely over prepares you, especially for bio.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How would you rate the difficulty compared to the Kaplan practice tests?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I didn't take the Kaplan Tests, but from taking the Pearson Tests I can tell you that the Bio is 100% harder, Chem is a little easier, RC is about the same, Math is harder.

I made a thread about my scores but I got a 81 Composite with a 94 in Chem and a 92 in Math. Bio score isn't great at 58 (I haven't taken MicroBio or A&P), but I heard that Chem is the most important section anyways. Good luck friend!
Thank you so much! You did awesome without those bio courses. How would you say the actual was compared to Pearson 7? And you found Bio to be harder? Sorry for all the questions!

Thank you so much! You did awesome without those bio courses. How would you say the actual was compared to Pearson 7? And you found Bio to be harder? Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks man! I'll be honest, my version of the test seemed harder than Pearson #7. The Bio was definitely harder (maybe I was just underprepared), Chem seemed like it was easier, sort of like Pearson #5 and #6, RC is about the same, Math is harder I feel like. I had 18 questions left with 10 minutes and just guessed about 8 of them. Work fast and hard on Math, it was the only section that cuts it close. Good luck man! You'll do amazing!

What material did you use to study?

I used the Kaplan book (not the only tests), Pearson Tests, and old notes/textbooks. I felt underprepared for Bio somehow (even with Kaplan somehow), Chem was pretty easy, I didn't really study for RC (you really can't tbh), and Math was harder than the Pearson tests. Good luck!

Thanks man! I'll be honest, my version of the test seemed harder than Pearson #7. The Bio was definitely harder (maybe I was just underprepared), Chem seemed like it was easier, sort of like Pearson #5 and #6, RC is about the same, Math is harder I feel like. I had 18 questions left with 10 minutes and just guessed about 8 of them. Work fast and hard on Math, it was the only section that cuts it close. Good luck man! You'll do amazing!
Bio is really making me nervous because that is (or was) my strongest section! Oh well. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!

Reactions: 1 users
I just got home from taking my first PCAT and im so frustrated.
Biol:82
Chem:96
Critical Reading: very very bad
Math: 29
Composite: 64

That 96 in chemistry is so painful with those bad CR and math scores...
GPA: 3.79
I replied a post that you made earlier, you said you were from PR?! I am too...I have a few friends that were submitted to rcm they got composites similar to yours, for how long did you study?! Where are you studying at?

I replied a post that you made earlier, you said you were from PR?! I am too...I have a few friends that were submitted to rcm they got composites similar to yours, for how long did you study?! Where are you studying at?
After finishing spring semester on May, I also wasted a lot of time in general chemistry during june and july and didnt prepared in math :( Used kaplan book.

After finishing spring semester on May, I also wasted a lot of time in general chemistry during june and july and didnt prepared in math :( Used kaplan book.
Did you find the passages on biol/chem harder than kaplan practice tests?!? What about the math?! I am studying with Kaplan too...math section isn't that strong...

Hi everyone, I'm an incoming P1 student at University of Maryland. I was in your position once studying for the PCAT and frantically checking Student Doctor Network posts for any help I can get. Regarding the PCAT, I would highly recommend Dr. Collins. It not only prepares you for what is actually on the exam, but it offers practice problems that are very similar to ones on the actual PCAT exam. I first started off with Kaplan- I read through the entire book, took notes, and completed all of the practice problems. I did not get a good PCAT score the first time around. I decided then to buy Dr. Collins material, and my scores improved a lot (especially my bio, chem, and math scores.) Have a strong personal statement, a strong GPA, good extracurricular activities, and a reasonable PCAT score and you will be just fine!