PreMed advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gamedic7384

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 22 year old paramedic. I am currently starting (late) to accomplish my dream to go to med school.. any advice??

Members don't see this ad.

Read the forums for about a week, then post specific questions.

There is also a non-traditional forum. Click on 'premedical forums' and you'll see it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you're late. But for now, just ace your courses because your clinical experiences are probably fine for med school. You won't need to take the MCAT until you're done with your core courses (bio, general chem, organic chem, physics) so just sit tight about that for a while.
I would also suggest talking to a pre-med advisor at your university. You'll be able to get good advice about what courses you should take and in what sequence.
Good luck!

Sure.

1) Go to a good 4-year university. Major in a science or major in anything else and minor in bio.
2) Get a premed advisor asap.
3) Aim for 4 A's and 1 B for every semester. Do whatever it takes. That'll give you a 3.8 GPA. The average accepted med student has 3.5, so you'll be sittin' pretty.
4) Take your advisor's advice.

That's a good start...