Premed advising at Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ibrahim05

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that premed advising exists at NU, but how the fekk does one use it? Is it a bad thing that that i am yet to use the premed advisors?

Members don't see this ad.

just call and make an appointment, the advising office is on sheridan right next to Foster Walker. They answered all the questions i ever had. the rec service is convenient too.

hey...will you happen to know Laura. i cant believe i forgot her last name. But her name is laura, she is from Elgin and goes to NU also.

anyways thanks for the reply. also, do there really get to know students well enough to write letters of recommendations?

Members don't see this ad :)
The advising office at NU doesn't write recommendations for you. They collect recommendations from Northwestern faculty and staff and will put the letters together and send them to schools for you. It is quite convient and much easier than asking the recommenders to send the letters for you.

I didn't use the office that much as Dean Weimer used to be the adviser and not to be blunt, but he really sucked. The new person is supposed to be much better, but I have no experience with him (I think it is a guy).

Hope this helps

The new guy is really good. His name is John Lyons and though this is his first year, he seems to be on top of things. He's got a cool Boston accent, also.