Ibrahim05

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2002
joisey
Status
I know that premed advising exists at NU, but how the fekk does one use it? Is it a bad thing that that i am yet to use the premed advisors?

ludey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2001
Elgin, IL
Visit site
Status
just call and make an appointment, the advising office is on sheridan right next to Foster Walker. They answered all the questions i ever had. the rec service is convenient too.

OP
I

Ibrahim05

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2002
joisey
Status
hey...will you happen to know Laura. i cant believe i forgot her last name. But her name is laura, she is from Elgin and goes to NU also.

anyways thanks for the reply. also, do there really get to know students well enough to write letters of recommendations?

About the Ads

BME02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2001
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
Status
The advising office at NU doesn't write recommendations for you. They collect recommendations from Northwestern faculty and staff and will put the letters together and send them to schools for you. It is quite convient and much easier than asking the recommenders to send the letters for you.

I didn't use the office that much as Dean Weimer used to be the adviser and not to be blunt, but he really sucked. The new person is supposed to be much better, but I have no experience with him (I think it is a guy).

Hope this helps

Peter Parker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The new guy is really good. His name is John Lyons and though this is his first year, he seems to be on top of things. He's got a cool Boston accent, also.

About the Ads