Premed and Predental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

korndoctor

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone applied to both med and dental schools at the same time?(assuming one enjoys both fields and cannot decide between the two) or is that usually frowned upon?

Members don't see this ad.

Im in the same boat...I like both fields, and im planning on applying to both schools.

I've heard of a few people doing this, so im sure its possible. Just keep up with EC's for both fields.

korndoctor said:
has anyone applied to both med and dental schools at the same time?(assuming one enjoys both fields and cannot decide between the two) or is that usually frowned upon?
Well you will eventually have to decide between the two, so why waste all the application money for an extra 6 months to decide?

Members don't see this ad :)
check this

and this to help u decide in the future between the 2

I actually applied to both in the same time and for the same university! many people thought that was too much and crazy but i still did it :p . For med. my application was totally ignored and not looked at but thats only cuz they had cut offs for the MCAT scores higher than what i had :smuggrin: ...for dent. I got as the far as the interview and i they told me later that according to my interview i was one of the most competetive.... if i got the interview after appllying to both of the same U, theres hope for u :luck: