Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Premed class over the summer?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by JonDO, Apr 26, 2002.

1. JonDO

JonDO Member

Attending Physician
    I'm just posting this question for someone:

"Have you heard that taking org chem. in the summer is considered to be a disadvantage for med/osteop schools?
    Do you know anyone who did that and got accepted?"

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rpames

rpames Optometrist

Optometrist
    It makes absolutly NO difference. Regular semester, summer semester, in space, they don't care. Alot of people take those classes in the summer and get in.

4. NUgirl

NUgirl Senior Member

It doesn't make a difference to med schools (MD or DO) when you take your pre-med requirements. I took BOTH biology and orgo over the summer, and I have to say that was a very good decision for me. It frees up your schedule during the year. Also focusing only on one subject at a time really makes your life easier. I highly recommend taking orgo over the summer! I promise you that it won't look bad. :)

5. SunnyOne

SunnyOne Member

..took org II in the summer and got accepted...

6. smc927

smc927 El Flaquito

You've likely already taken summer courses, so this may be useless for you but...

remember that the pace is quicker in the summer. Being in class for four hours/night two nights/week instead of 1/day 3 days/week makes a difference. If you are the kind of person that absorbs info quickly, go for it! If you need the in-between time, take it another time.

Good luck. Pray Hard.