Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Premed Committee Letter

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Georgey, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Georgey

Georgey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone know if most med schools welcome Premed Committee Letters prior to sending out secondaries? Or even before the AMCAS app is processed?

2. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Not sure about other schools, but I know that Penn welcomes you to send in letters of rec at any time, even if your AMCAS app is not yet processed/transmitted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. scubadiva

scubadiva postwhore
    7+ Year Member

My pre-med advisor said that he typically waits until the schools are in session before mailing out the committee letters - he's said that in the past, many letters get lost when he's mailed them over the summer vs. waiting till mid-August to early September.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kspillman

kspillman Member
    7+ Year Member

I think scubadiva is right!